Date: 2.18.2017 / Article Rating: 5 / Votes: 7281 #Curriculum design models

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Curriculum design models

Order Essay Services & Assignment Papers Online - curriculum design models

Nov/Sat/2017 | Uncategorized

Order Essay and Get It on Time -
CURRICULUM DESIGN MODELS by Rhina Angela Sudayon on Prezi

Nov 11, 2017 Curriculum design models, high quality custom essay writing service -

Curriculum Design Models | Discipline (Academia) | Curriculum - Scribd

40 Useful Words and Phrases for curriculum design Top-Notch Essays. The secret to a successful essay doesnt just lie in the clever things you talk about and the way you structure your points. To be truly brilliant, an an operating of application essay needs to utilise the right language. You could make a great point, but if its not intelligently articulated, you almost neednt have bothered. Developing the curriculum models language skills to build an argument and to write persuasively is crucial if youre to write outstanding essays every time. In this article, were going to equip you with the words and grunewald phrases you need to write a top-notch essay, along with examples of how to utilise them. Its by no means an models exhaustive list, and there will often be other ways of using the words and phrases we describe that we wont have room to include, but there should be more than enough below to help you make an instant improvement to your essay-writing skills whether youre a native English speaker or taking your first steps into writing essays in English. Lets start by altarpiece grunewald looking at language for general explanations of complex points. Curriculum Models? Usage : In order to can be used to isenheim altarpiece, introduce an curriculum models explanation for the purpose of an argument. Example : In order to understand X, we need first to spanish 15th birthday, understand Y. Usage : Use in other words when you want to express something in models a different way (more simply), to disney world resources, make it easier to understand, or to emphasise or expand on a point.

Example : Frogs are amphibians. In other words, they live on the land and in the water. Usage : This phrase is another way of saying in other words, and can be used in particularly complex points, when you feel that an alternative way of wording a problem may help the reader achieve a better understanding of curriculum design, its significance. Life The Civil War? Example : Plants rely on photosynthesis. To put it another way, they will die without the sun. Usage : That is and that is to say can be used to add further detail to design models, your explanation, or to be more precise. Example : Whales are mammals. That is to the chocolate war movie, say, they must breathe air. Usage : Use to that end or to this end in a similar way to in order to or so. Example : Zoologists have long sought to design, understand how animals communicate with each other. To that end, a new study has been launched that looks at elephant sounds and their possible meanings. Adding additional information to support a point. Disney Human Resources? Students often make the mistake of using synonyms of and each time they want to curriculum design models, add further information in support of a point theyre making, or to build an argument. Here are some cleverer ways of the chocolate, doing this.

Usage : Employ moreover at the start of a sentence to add extra information in support of a point youre making. Curriculum Design? Example : Moreover, the human results of design models, a recent piece of research provide compelling evidence in support of Usage :This is soldier, also generally used at the start of a sentence, to add extra information. Example : Furthermore, there is evidence to design, suggest that Usage : This is used in the same way as moreover and furthermore. The Chocolate? Example : Whats more, this isnt the only evidence that supports this hypothesis. Usage : Use likewise when you want to talk about something that agrees with what youve just mentioned. Example : Scholar A believes X. Likewise, Scholar B argues compellingly in favour of this point of view. Usage : Use similarly in the same way as likewise. Example : Audiences at the time reacted with shock to curriculum design, Beethovens new work, because it was very different to war movie, what they were used to. Similarly, we have a tendency to curriculum design, react with surprise to altarpiece grunewald, the unfamiliar. Usage : Use the phrase another key point to remember or another key fact to remember to design models, introduce additional facts without using the isenheim altarpiece grunewald word also. Example : As a Romantic, Blake was a proponent of a closer relationship between humans and curriculum models nature. Another key point to the bad full movie, remember is that Blake was writing during the Industrial Revolution, which had a major impact on the world around him. Usage : Use as well as instead of also or and.

Example : Scholar A argued that this was due to X, as well as Y. Usage : This wording is curriculum, used to add an 15th birthday extra piece of information, often something thats in some way more surprising or unexpected than the curriculum first piece of information. Example : Not only the good, did Edmund Hillary have the honour of design models, being the first to life during the civil war, reach the summit of Everest, but he was also appointed Knight Commander of the Order of the curriculum models British Empire. Usage : Used when considering two or more arguments at a time. Example : Coupled with the disney world resources literary evidence, the curriculum statistics paint a compelling view of Usage : This can be used to structure an argument, presenting facts clearly one after the other. Example : There are many points in support of this view. Firstly, X. Secondly, Y. And thirdly, Z. 16. The Chocolate War Movie? Not to mention/to say nothing of.

Usage : Not to mention and curriculum design models to say nothing of can be used to add extra information with a bit of emphasis. Example : The war caused unprecedented suffering to millions of people, not to isenheim, mention its impact on curriculum design, the countrys economy. Words and phrases for spanish girls 15th birthday demonstrating contrast. When youre developing an argument, you will often need to present contrasting or opposing opinions or evidence it could show this, but it could also show this, or X says this, but Y disagrees. Curriculum Design Models? This section covers words you can use instead of the but in these examples, to make your writing sound more intelligent and interesting. Usage : Use however to introduce a point that disagrees with what youve just said. Example : Scholar A thinks this. Is An Of Application Software? However, Scholar B reached a different conclusion. Usage : Usage of this phrase includes introducing a contrasting interpretation of the same piece of evidence, a different piece of evidence that suggests something else, or an opposing opinion. Example: The historical evidence appears to suggest a clear-cut situation. On the other hand, the archaeological evidence presents a somewhat less straightforward picture of what happened that day. Usage : Used in a similar manner to on the curriculum models other hand or but. Example : The historians are unanimous in telling us X, an agreement that suggests that this version of events must be an soldier during the civil war accurate account.

Having said that, the curriculum models archaeology tells a different story. Usage : Use by contrast or in comparison when youre comparing and contrasting pieces of evidence. Example : Scholar As opinion, then, is based on insufficient evidence. During The Civil? By contrast, Scholar Bs opinion seems more plausible. Usage : Use this to cast doubt on an assertion. Models? Example : Writer A asserts that this was the during the civil reason for what happened. Then again, its possible that he was being paid to say this. Usage : This is curriculum, used in soldier the same way as then again. Example : The evidence ostensibly appears to point to this conclusion. That said, much of the evidence is unreliable at best. Usage : Use this when you want to introduce a contrasting idea.

Example : Much of scholarship has focused on this evidence. Yet not everyone agrees that this is the most important aspect of the situation. Adding a proviso or acknowledging reservations. Sometimes, you may need to acknowledge a shortfalling in design models a piece of evidence, or add a proviso. Spanish Birthday? Here are some ways of doing so. Curriculum? Usage : Use despite this or in spite of disney resources, this when you want to design models, outline a point that stands regardless of a shortfalling in the evidence. Example : The sample size was small, but the results were important despite this. Usage : Use this when you want your reader to consider a point in girls 15th the knowledge of design models, something else. Example : Weve seen that the methods used in soldier war the 19th century study did not always live up to the rigorous standards expected in scientific research today, which makes it difficult to draw definite conclusions. Curriculum Design? With this in mind, lets look at a more recent study to see how the results compare. Usage : This means on condition that.

You can also say providing that or just providing to mean the same thing. Example : We may use this as evidence to support our argument, provided that we bear in mind the limitations of the methods used to the chocolate war movie, obtain it. Usage : These phrases are used when something has shed light on something else. Example : In light of the evidence from the 2013 study, we have a better understanding of Usage : This is curriculum design models, similar to despite this. Example : The study had its limitations, but it was nonetheless groundbreaking for war movie its day. Usage : This is the same as nonetheless. Example : The study was flawed, but it was important nevertheless. Usage : This is curriculum models, another way of example software, saying nonetheless. Example : Notwithstanding the limitations of the curriculum design models methodology used, it was an is an of application software important study in the development of how we view the workings of the curriculum design models human mind. Good essays always back up points with examples, but its going to get boring if you use the expression for example every time. The Chocolate? Here are a couple of other ways of saying the same thing. Example : Some birds migrate to avoid harsher winter climates. Swallows, for design models instance, leave the UK in the good the bad movie early winter and design models fly south Example : To give an illustration of what I mean, lets look at the case of When you want to demonstrate that a point is particularly important, there are several ways of highlighting it as such. Usage : Used to introduce a point that is loaded with meaning that might not be immediately apparent.

Example : Significantly, Tacitus omits to tell us the girls birthday kind of gossip prevalent in design models Suetonius accounts of the same period. Usage : This can be used to mean significantly (as above), and it can also be used interchangeably with in particular (the example below demonstrates the altarpiece first of these ways of using it). Example : Actual figures are notably absent from Scholar As analysis. Usage : Use importantly interchangeably with significantly. Curriculum Design? Example : Importantly, Scholar A was being employed by X when he wrote this work, and was presumably therefore under pressure to spanish girls birthday, portray the situation more favourably than he perhaps might otherwise have done. Youve almost made it to the end of the essay, but your work isnt over yet. You need to end by wrapping up everything youve talked about, showing that youve considered the arguments on both sides and reached the most likely conclusion. Here are some words and phrases to curriculum design, help you. Usage : Typically used to introduce the concluding paragraph or sentence of an system of application essay, summarising what youve discussed in a broad overview.

Example : In conclusion, the evidence points almost exclusively to Argument A. Usage : Used to signify what you believe to be the most significant point, and the main takeaway from the essay. Example : Above all, it seems pertinent to remember that Usage : This is a useful word to use when summarising which argument you find most convincing. Example : Scholar As point that Constanze Mozart was motivated by financial gain seems to models, me to be the the good movie most persuasive argument for her actions following Mozarts death. Usage : Use in design the same way as persuasive above. Example : The most compelling argument is presented by Scholar A. Usage : This means taking everything into the chocolate war movie account. Models? Example : All things considered, it seems reasonable to assume that How many of these words and phrases will you get into your next essay? And are any of your favourite essay terms missing from our list? Let us know in the comments below! 221 Responses to #8220;40 Useful Words and spanish girls birthday Phrases for Top-Notch Essays#8221; January 09, 2015 at 8:47 am, Jimmy Tan said: January 23, 2016 at 1:13 am, AN INDIAN said: It is curriculum models, very useful for junior as well as to senior.It is isenheim, awesome#8230;#8230;#8230;#8230;#8230;#8230; thanks for curriculum design this.

November 29, 2016 at 9:46 am, Mofasa said: March 10, 2017 at 3:30 pm, Vaibhavi said: May 04, 2017 at 3:54 pm, felix said: September 17, 2017 at 8:02 am, arjun said: April 29, 2016 at 1:13 pm, ron said: September 01, 2016 at 1:18 am, RedKeyMon said: Ty bruv! It#8217;s really useful! November 26, 2016 at 12:00 pm, Ranch Dressing said: This the disney world human real RedKeyMon? May 26, 2017 at 2:28 pm, inosh said: September 07, 2016 at 12:04 am, winter the savage said: yeh these words are lit. October 15, 2016 at 6:19 pm, Freya said: Thanks!! I have to right an essay on curriculum models, the battle of hastings and I really need to widen my vocab! It really helped December 12, 2016 at 1:13 pm, rose said:

great thanks,now i know how to the good the bad, use big words in an argumentative essay. April 18, 2017 at 4:55 pm, nikie said: very very useful! May 26, 2017 at curriculum models 9:13 am, Anthony said: Thanks for full the article! October 02, 2017 at models 3:08 pm, yoyo said: January 13, 2015 at 2:55 am, Amila said: Wonderful. Altarpiece Grunewald? Thank you so much. Keep in touch. February 05, 2015 at curriculum 12:36 pm, Tanya said: February 08, 2015 at spanish 15th birthday 8:12 am, Ram said: Thank you very much. Useful for my revision.

February 13, 2015 at 10:53 am, Lucienne said: Thank you so much, really useful! October 05, 2015 at 12:40 pm, Dhanushreddy said: very useful for curriculum models students. Life During War? February 26, 2015 at 9:08 am, Ayanika Arora said: March 28, 2015 at 6:06 am, Abhijeet said: Perhaps #8220;In the design wake of#8221; would have been feasible to be included. March 31, 2015 at 11:04 pm, Loli said: it is wonderful, you#8217;ve helped so much. May 03, 2015 at spanish girls 15th 10:44 pm, Rihards said: Wouldn#8217;t do as great without this! May 04, 2015 at 1:47 pm, Dan said: Thanks so much, this is really going to help my essay. Design? I#8217;m already a good writer, all I needed was a good source of words, and this was it.

I will recommend this website to my friends and I definitely will be checking what other information you guys have. Thanks! May 06, 2015 at 15th birthday 3:08 pm, Danny said: Thank you for your help. Curriculum Design? My essay will be great! May 08, 2015 at 8:51 pm, Oxford Student said: Thank you, for your excellent choice of words oxford is very hard on you as it is one of the top schools so I appreciate these words. May 16, 2015 at 5:31 am, Aleena said: These words are quite knowledgeable to me because when I was writing an an operating system is an of application essay my phrases are so absurd to put it another way these words make my essay beautiful. Thank you for providing such words. Curriculum? May 19, 2015 at 4:50 pm, juules said: ostensibly appears? tautologies seem to be a thing in the english language. The Bad The Ugly Full Movie? May 25, 2015 at 8:56 am, gimhan savinda said:

This was great, thanks a lot for these meaningful words. Hopefully I can face my exam in good perfect manner. Thanks a lot for the assistant support. Curriculum Design Models? December 27, 2015 at 10:55 am, Ikoo said: I need more information about black#8217;s writing .also,his romantic way in nature . Please could you help me ? May 26, 2015 at 2:39 pm, Mike said: These are reach-me-downs and isenheim grunewald the ideas you express are poorly connected. Curriculum Design Models? For example, #8216;As a Romantic, Blake was a proponent of a closer relationship between humans and nature. Disney Resources? Another key point to remember is that Blake was writing during the curriculum design models Industrial Revolution, which had a major impact on the world around him. You link these facts incorrectly they are not a series of isenheim grunewald, points that are additive. They are causally related, i.e. one is a consequence of the other.

I believe this is better, both logically and curriculum design stylistically: #8216;Romantic writers, including Blake, decried the negative impact of the Industrial Revolution on, amongst other things, societys connectedness with the natural world. Consequently he foregrounded the importance of improving the relationship between humankind and nature.#8217; You also lace your examples with contractions and these have no place in academic writing. September 19, 2016 at 11:18 am, Helena said: March 23, 2017 at 5:33 pm, Dr. Jim Loving said: You are correct. I have taught writing for 40-plus years, and I find many of these suggestions wordy and unnecessary. For instance, #8220;In order to#8221; can simply to soldier, be #8220;To.#8221; June 02, 2015 at 1:48 am, phertauwete said: Thanks so much, I got it.

June 05, 2015 at 5:17 am, william said: Thank you very much, I#8217;m having my O-level English in about 2 hours now and you really helped me. I#8217;m sure i can score an A now #128512; June 07, 2015 at 7:21 am, Lysha said: Great!! Thank you so much for including the design models tips above. June 09, 2015 at the good the bad movie 8:40 pm, Suus said: These words will really help me doing my English writing exam well tomorrow! #128578; June 21, 2015 at 11:52 am, Ali Zorab said: Such great tips, indeed. July 02, 2015 at 6:38 pm, Tim said: You did a wonderful job. Keep it up. Curriculum Design? Tim Saudi Arabia.

July 03, 2015 at 10:34 pm, maimunahm said: I am writing my thesis and it really helps me with it, thanks a lot. August 30, 2015 at 4:26 pm, aron said: April 23, 2017 at 9:49 am, Matorankle said: September 02, 2015 at 3:37 pm, Anonymous said: Thank you for providing me with these phrases! They will certainly help me with my English paper. September 10, 2015 at 3:31 am, Sarah said: what a great help in isenheim altarpiece teaching children in writing essay#8230;#8230; September 16, 2015 at 8:04 am, josphat lowoi said: Good work..I greatly appreciate. September 21, 2015 at 2:45 pm, David said: September 23, 2015 at 1:04 am, haripriya said: Thanks a lot! It was very helpful for curriculum models my term end English examination! October 04, 2015 at 4:47 pm, Joanna said: This is helpful! Thanks for sharing!

October 06, 2015 at 10:59 pm, Joe said: Thanks for the list. I think it would also be helpful to include a list of words to disney world, help express the design thoughts of the writers being referenced in the essay, for example, #8220;Jacob states that teachers need to consider the the chocolate war movie learning abilities of design, all students#8221; or #8220;Williams asserts that reading English texts more often can increase the writing skills of ESL learners#8221;. It sometimes becomes boring to world human, keep saying, #8220;so-and-so states that#8230;#8221; October 12, 2015 at design models 9:07 am, faiz said: This was useful for birthday me. October 14, 2015 at design models 3:09 am, Lilow W. said: This article was wonderful. Furthermore, I don#8217;t think my world history grade, as well as my grades in life language arts and science, would have been half of models, what they are now without it. All things considered, this was an amazing article and I recommend it to anyone looking to give their essay an isenheim elegant twist. October 15, 2015 at 3:41 pm, Ayushi said: Thanks!! Really a very useful list! October 18, 2015 at models 3:29 pm, Missy said: Really helpful .

Thank you guys. October 19, 2015 at 10:49 am, steven O'Donnell said: I would have also included #8220;in fact#8221; October 19, 2015 at 9:42 pm, Tom Howell said: *Gasp* As someone who has studied and the chocolate war movie takes a modicum of interest in the English language, and having spent a lifetime writing scientific essays, all I can say is this list of design, cliches will not aid you in altarpiece grunewald your academic pursuits. This is a categorical list of English don#8217;ts that will undoubtedly be highlight with a sigh, and a comment something along the lines of #8220;Please, no more#8221; paraphrased of course. Some of these are inescapable and are useful tools, but please use in design models moderation. If you truly wish to improve your writing, consider the use of language in literature you may study as part of the chocolate war movie, your academic endeavours be it english or technical based. Curriculum Design Models? What makes a writing style worthy of note, and soldier the civil war what makes it tedious and models monotonous? The use of structure, engaging writing styles, and even metaphors can be true keys to essay success. Spanish Girls Birthday? December 07, 2015 at design models 8:24 am, Jeff B. World Human Resources? said: Tom, I must agree.

In my English class such cliches as listed here would be highlighted and returned to the student with an curriculum models admonition to altarpiece grunewald, #8220;please use your own words,#8221; or something to that effect. As I like to joke, #8220;Cliches should be avoided like the curriculum design models plague.#8221; October 20, 2015 at 8:22 pm, yoursif said: October 22, 2015 at 5:00 pm, nur amira said: thanks it was indeed helpful. November 02, 2015 at the bad the ugly 1:11 pm, sania said: really..its very helpful. im unanimous in asserting that how this has engendered an advantageous my result. November 12, 2015 at 10:59 am, Alex said: This is so great#8230; thanks for the A grade. November 16, 2015 at 1:22 pm, Chala said: Thanks a lot for this helpful article. Curriculum Design? One question though: The example given for phrase 12 #8220;Scholar A argued that this was due to X, as well as Y. has a comma included after #8220;X#8221;, but isn#8217;t a serial comma incorrect in the good the bad the ugly full movie a series of two items? November 21, 2015 at 9:05 pm, Yo said: November 26, 2015 at 5:29 pm, courage said: thanks very much.very useful we look forward for other posts.

November 29, 2015 at design 1:13 am, Joey said: I don#8217;t really feel comfortable using firstly, secondly, thirdly to introduce new points#8230; does anyone else feel the system example of application software same? December 07, 2015 at 7:58 am, Jeff B. Curriculum Design Models? said: While some of the suggestions in isenheim this article are valuable, I am going to have to agree with Tom Howell about the design use of cliches. Many of the phrases suggested (e.g. #8220;To put it another way#8221; and isenheim #8220;Another key thing to remember#8221;) are cliches, and should be avoided in original writing. Another note: this article recommends the use of #8220;In conclusion#8221; to introduce the conclusion. My suggestion is to curriculum models, avoid it, and I am not the life only one who feels this way. To quote the Writing Center at Harvard University: summary,#8217; and #8216;to sum up.#8217; These phrases can be. usefuleven welcomein oral presentations. But. readers can see, by the tell-tale compression of the. pages, when an essay is about to end. You#8217;ll irritate. your audience if you belabor the obvious.#8221; If your readers cannot figure out that from models, reading your text that you are presenting your conclusion, then your conclusion has more problems than simply the introduction to it.

December 07, 2015 at 8:03 am, Jeff B. said: Note: In my comment above, I should have specified #8220;for college-level writing#8230; and above.#8221; Further, I will say that sometimes, indeed, #8220;In conclusion#8221; can be a useful phrase, but in many if not most cases it should be avoided. December 07, 2015 at 10:43 am, Jeff B. The Chocolate? said: * Assuming, of curriculum, course, that my #8220;comment above#8221; is actually posted after it undergoes #8220;moderation.#8221; Otherwise my note makes no sense#8230; December 07, 2015 at 8:25 pm, pavla said: put (or set) the record straight. December 09, 2015 at 12:42 pm, Ahsan said: Really great info. I will use these words in content of my site in isenheim grunewald order to get best rankings. December 09, 2015 at 8:48 pm, khalid Benameur said: really these are benificial words to use and Iam going to use them. December 10, 2015 at 1:51 pm, cp8 said: This is easily the go-to site when I write essays. Thank you! August 05, 2017 at 10:48 pm, abdo raheem said: January 04, 2016 at 2:41 pm, panthe veroski said: Thank you, it#8217;s so useful! January 19, 2016 at design models 8:33 pm, BOB said: really good, I loved it! Would really help in system software my test.

January 19, 2016 at 8:34 pm, daddyshrekked said: Fantastic, wouldn#8217;t do that well without it. January 28, 2016 at models 12:52 pm, yahya said: it is very helpful idea because i have exam thxn. January 31, 2016 at 3:24 am, Alex Joseph said: THANK YOU so much!! January 31, 2016 at 4:08 am, Jass said: Yes, it really works in my essay writing. Thanks, and the best thing is I am finding some more useful vocab words from other#8217;s replies.:) November 29, 2016 at 9:46 am, Mofasa said: Oke i kno now veri muchh. February 04, 2016 at 3:54 pm, James said: Wow, this is altarpiece grunewald, really something valuable to me! I will have to jolt down all this and use them in design models my academic writing tmr. February 05, 2016 at spanish 15th 6:26 am, hanna said: AMAZING. VERY USEFUL.

THANK YOU SO MUCH. February 10, 2016 at design 9:37 am, Shruthi said: Not useful#8230;I want idioms and phrases please. February 12, 2016 at 9:45 am, ORA Admin said: Thank you for your comment. Resources? It is worth bearing in curriculum design mind that examiners often consider idioms risky, as when over-used (or mis-used) they can place a candidate at a disadvantage. You are absolutely correct, however, that learning idioms is vital to acquiring fluency in soldier life during war any language you might enjoy our article on some of the curriculum design more bizarre idioms in the English language! Best of luck in spanish your studies, February 17, 2016 at 2:58 pm, reyan said: Thanks it came in handy. Curriculum? February 20, 2016 at 5:20 pm, Unknown said: I think this might help me to the chocolate war movie, improve my essays. Thanks to whoever gave such great words#128522; February 28, 2016 at curriculum models 6:04 pm, Divya said: In all probability I find this this things very helpful which would surely enhance my essay. February 29, 2016 at 1:28 am, Tanya Roy said: this phases helped me in 10th board icsc examination#8230;.. thanks a lot #128512; February 29, 2016 at 2:39 am, shubham said: I think this might help me to is an software, improve my essays.

Thanks to whoever gave such great words#128522; March 03, 2016 at 7:30 pm, Abhishek Mandge said: Its really useful for me. March 07, 2016 at 11:33 am, ashrin said: March 14, 2016 at 2:03 pm, Lekesh said: Thanks a lot#8230;.Helped me very much !! Really thanks for making this!! April 13, 2016 at 3:20 pm, Jiya Goyal said: thanks a lot#8230;,helped me very much!! April 21, 2016 at 3:30 am, Juanaye goodall said: This words are really going to help me in my graded essay tomorrow. Curriculum? April 23, 2016 at 1:29 pm, lyricist chaani said: it was really very usefull for me . so i am alluding to girls 15th birthday, other students to use above lines. Curriculum Design Models? April 29, 2016 at an operating is an software 1:12 pm, Vape Naysh V/ said: tanks m8 ( ? ?? ?) May 01, 2016 at 12:07 pm, Asuna Yuuki said:

Very useful for essay writing. Thanks a lot. Design? May 04, 2016 at 3:58 am, SJAll said: Quentin Crisp, upon being asked to give advice to aspiring writers replied: #8220;Never read. This is spanish, very important. if you read books in order to improve your writing style, you will find yourself trying to write literature, instead of saying what you really mean. Curriculum? It#8217;s very important not to the good the bad movie, get caught up trying to write better American prose. Curriculum Models? Don#8217;t do any such thing.

Just try to think, Am I saying what I mean? Have I pared away, have I taken away all the words except the ones that say what I mean. And then your writing will be fine. You have the most wonderful writers in America, really great stylists, people like Damon Runyon, and there#8217;s no floweriness, no literary effect, in the work of Damon Runyon, he is grunewald, as neat as he can possibly be. One of his stories begins #8216;Some parties who do not wish him well have put Maury in curriculum some quicklime.#8217; March 23, 2017 at 5:39 pm, Dr. War Movie? Jim Loving said: Excellent advice. Many writing students would do well to read Zinsser#8217;s book #8220;On Writing Well.#8221; He emphasizes clarity in writing, and curriculum design models no one does it better. May 04, 2016 at 1:43 pm, angielski said: Very useful to have it in one place. Thanks ! May 10, 2016 at 7:57 pm, Cheese said:

Hello Oxford Royale community, Thank you for this extremely helpful guide on the chocolate war movie, improving flow using phrases. This has helped me improve, overall, as I have now taken these tips to my heart. Thanks an awful lot, May 11, 2016 at curriculum 9:17 pm, Khirod Maharana said: I greatly appreciate thankful#8230; May 12, 2016 at 12:11 am, Inderpreet said: thnk u for the amazing words#8230; May 26, 2016 at 11:11 pm, Georgia Kathleen said: This is really helpful, I#8217;ve been looking to expand and vary the world words I use during English exams. Thanks! May 29, 2016 at 5:17 am, Noosh said: i was going to curriculum, use conventionally but i have already used it so i had to isenheim grunewald, use significantly #128512; June 02, 2016 at design models 2:24 am, jo sladky said: this is so helpful, thanks. Is An Example? June 02, 2016 at 11:50 am, irisha said: truly very helpful#8230;thanksss loadsss. June 02, 2016 at 2:37 pm, Kannan.P said: Could you please add more pharse. Thanks.

June 04, 2016 at 2:04 pm, Wish said: This was very much useful to me. I pay my regards hundreds and thousands of curriculum design, times. This has actually a vast collection of effective words and phrases to be used in an essay. The Bad Full Movie? Once again thank you. Models? #128214; June 13, 2016 at 6:54 pm, Alan said: June 18, 2016 at girls 15th birthday 4:48 pm, Sohaib said: It#8217;s really awesome. As well as helpful thanks a lot. June 22, 2016 at 1:49 pm, Tuan said: Thank you so so muchh.

June 25, 2016 at 2:00 pm, Ranthimo said: It is my first encounter with these eye opening phrases. Honestly speaking, they are indeed helpful aids that will unfailingly help me speak English fluently. It is a well packaged informative tool that will help nonnative English speakers to have good command of English language.Thank you very much for your good effort. June 27, 2016 at curriculum models 7:18 am, Vivian said: Thank you so much for the chocolate the useful words to use in curriculum models essay. This help me a lot.

June 28, 2016 at the chocolate war movie 4:30 pm, Chris Speck said: Great stuff, thanks. July 01, 2016 at 2:16 pm, Pius Ndeti said: In light of the new learning, I am not only inspired, but also enthralled. July 12, 2016 at 10:06 am, Fernando said: July 19, 2016 at 8:01 pm, ashok kumar said: very useful guidelines. thank you so much. August 10, 2016 at 8:41 am, Widya said: very useful, thanks a lot. August 16, 2016 at curriculum 1:12 pm, Prabanya said: They were very simple.. Isenheim Altarpiece? But, good..

They helped me.. August 19, 2016 at 5:44 pm, ananay chhetri 7 said: It was very use full tu me #8230; Keep in models touch #8230;. System Is An Software? I scored 18/20 in curriculum essay n letter. August 22, 2016 at altarpiece 2:09 am, Tanya Roy said: It#8217;s really useful for me#8230; thnkiew so much..#128522;#128522;#128522; September 05, 2016 at 12:16 pm, Mounika said: Very useful. Thanks a ton #128578; September 15, 2016 at 4:28 am, Student said: This was SOOOO helpful, I got an curriculum design A. September 15, 2016 at 4:29 am, Student said: I think that these are amazingly helpful. You should add a few words though. September 15, 2016 at spanish girls 15th birthday 4:31 am, Yhandamene said: i am not ameracan and i am a xchang student, this was good for mee.

September 15, 2016 at 4:33 am, Tinye Rae said: My writing literately changed immensely bro. peace#8230; September 15, 2016 at curriculum design 4:36 am, Emerjihlia said: Wish you had more words on this, otherwise it made my essay from an F to spanish 15th, an A+. I guess I had to do some work to curriculum design models, though, that#8217;s some effort! September 16, 2016 at system software 1:39 am, joe anchany said: the design word more plausible and supplementary. September 16, 2016 at 1:46 am, kira Mayfield said: I believe think that you should add exclusively. Human Resources? September 16, 2016 at 1:47 am, kira Mayfield said: I think that you should add exclusively. September 17, 2016 at 2:59 pm, Rowan said: I use these words all the time in curriculum design my undergrad papers, yet my lecturers always complain that theses words are high school level writing. World Human? :/ September 20, 2016 at 2:30 pm, Tanmay said: Would like to design models, add a few more#8230;. a sharp irony #8216;. Meaning- a sharp contrast. inspite of the fact that#8230;.#8217; September 21, 2016 at the good the bad the ugly full movie 5:10 pm, moomina said: the best thing on internet i found so far is this article , I must say its a brilliant peace of work . hands up for the writer. October 04, 2016 at 5:19 am, Tanyu Gracious said: Amazingly great one..(^_^) Not only my essay but my language has also impproved.

October 19, 2016 at design models 9:45 am, Achyuth said: October 26, 2016 at isenheim altarpiece grunewald 4:50 am, Stormy said: Are you kidding. As an English professor, these are all overused phrases that I WOULD NOT want my students to design, use. I teach my students how to be original rather than use cliche phrases. Ugh! Not helpful. You#8217;re perpetuating the altarpiece worst in writing.

November 01, 2016 at models 1:17 am, sylvia said: majority, it helped a lot of people!! December 21, 2016 at 8:14 pm, Hope said: you#8217;re the one who#8217;s kidding not the one who provided us with them. English does not need complex words ;it needs a simple style of the good the bad the ugly, writing especially for models non native . The Bad The Ugly Full Movie? And please if you see them a joke provide us with what#8217;s beneficial. Above all #128521; Thanks . December 21, 2016 at 8:16 pm, Hope said: youre the one whos kidding not the one who provided us with them. English does not need complex words ;it needs a simple style of writing especially for non native . And please if you see them a joke provide us with whats beneficial. Above all #128521; Thanks . October 26, 2016 at 4:52 am, Carol said: These cliche phrase will NOT help you write a top-notch essay. Design? Do NOT use these.

October 26, 2016 at 11:52 pm, KittyKat300 said: Awesome tips I got a great grade! October 30, 2016 at 1:28 am, lolo said: November 01, 2016 at the bad the ugly movie 1:15 am, sylvia said: this are very helpful, thanks bro : ) November 01, 2016 at 2:41 pm, Julia Jeka said: Great!! They are all really helpful. November 05, 2016 at 6:13 pm, Ro Mon Lian said: Thank you a lot, It is massively helpful for curriculum models a beginner. How can we learn more? Is there any book to purchase? November 08, 2016 at birthday 11:51 am, Leah okoth said: Thank you so much. You have made it sink into my head.

I believe it will help me even in my presentation. November 08, 2016 at 7:07 pm, Brenda McDermott said: LOVE YOU ALL, THANKS FOR ALL THIS HELP, IT#8217;S INVALUABLE FOR ACADEMIC ESSAY WRITING SKILLS. December 01, 2016 at 4:31 pm, Lia said: December 01, 2016 at 4:33 pm, Lia said: I am so glad, that some people write down these really helpful words. My essay will sound great #128521; Thank you so much #128578; December 02, 2016 at 1:06 pm, Vrunda said: Thank you so much for curriculum design such a significant piece of knowledge.

Please keep writing such useful posts. December 03, 2016 at resources 3:56 pm, Nick said: All of these phrases helped a lot to write an assay. I am not from America so my vocabulary was very limited, nonetheless I took a A. Thank you very much for your help and design pls let me know if you have any books that are going to help to the chocolate, write an curriculum assay. Have a wonderful day. December 09, 2016 at grunewald 1:53 am, Eden said: I wish you would make it a book. This is a life saver to non native speakers.

December 12, 2016 at models 12:11 pm, Succ said: Just kidding, it was really helpful need linking words and grunewald good phrases like this makes essay better and models advanced. December 12, 2016 at 4:40 pm, Erkin said: #8220;To sum up#8221; is also a good one for the finishing paragraph. And it is not commonly used. December 14, 2016 at 5:32 pm, Ameer said: Much obliged and honoured to come across such a rhetorical and journalistic piece of writing. December 21, 2016 at 8:08 pm, fatma said: yes you#8217;re right man. Can we be friends to full, exchange our essays if you want to !? December 17, 2016 at 10:27 am, falahi said: Thanks to your efforts. Design Models? It#8217;s great!

December 18, 2016 at 10:18 am, shoneymol shaju said: This is 15th birthday, really helpful to all and curriculum design puts new updates for everyone#8217;s knowledge. I could know more than before and I am approaching IELTS exam so it will be helpful for me in writing. Isenheim Grunewald? December 21, 2016 at 8:04 pm, fatma said: wow!! these words are great . Thank you so much for such a help ; you#8217;ve really helped me. Another point to remember :p is that my essay is thirsty to such words . ^^ thanks. January 03, 2017 at 12:40 am, Sayu said: Very useful students. Curriculum? It helped me a lot. Human Resources? Thanks. Design? January 05, 2017 at 4:19 pm, uiyu said: January 05, 2017 at during the civil 4:20 pm, uiyu said: January 05, 2017 at 4:20 pm, jojo said: January 15, 2017 at 7:58 am, nebiat tesfay said: thanks it really helpfull. January 22, 2017 at 12:25 pm, Steph said: Brilliant! Very useful. January 30, 2017 at design models 4:50 pm, Krishna said: Perspicuous to software, read and grasp.

February 04, 2017 at 12:52 am, Kai Awesome said: This helped me a lot. Thanks. February 18, 2017 at design models 4:41 pm, Barath said: Very useful for me as I am seven th only. February 18, 2017 at the good the ugly full 4:43 pm, Barath said: Thanks for ur information. February 21, 2017 at 6:16 pm, Saud said: February 25, 2017 at 3:51 am, Faiz said: Very help for my SPM. February 25, 2017 at 3:52 am, Faiz said: Very help for my SPM. March 01, 2017 at 11:12 pm, Ashton said: Was in English class and our teacher told us to curriculum design, go on this website and I#8217;m really bored at an operating system example of application software the moment.

March 02, 2017 at 6:19 am, ally said: March 08, 2017 at curriculum models 11:19 am, saanvi said: nice dude really loved it. March 09, 2017 at 1:51 am, Jay Munjapra said: Helped me a lot#8230; March 09, 2017 at 5:18 pm, Priyanshu Raturi said: It is isenheim grunewald, Best For Students In ICSE 10th Really Helps To Impress The Examiner. March 09, 2017 at 8:12 pm, Benmaamar said: March 23, 2017 at 7:13 am, stella said: thank you so much, it is awesome especially to foreign students like me. March 25, 2017 at 8:51 pm, Yaroslav said: Thanks! Working on it. March 30, 2017 at 4:34 pm, fatima said: very useful tnx. April 01, 2017 at 3:30 pm, Tawanda Bundukutu said:

April 18, 2017 at 8:09 pm, Omar Hidar said: Pretty nice, I benefitted alot from curriculum models, it, thank you. April 18, 2017 at 11:40 pm, Sameer The Nice said: Wanderful, although I don#8217;t need them at all. Nice job, could be usefull in the future although I don#8217;t intend to. April 19, 2017 at 2:16 am, edward said: April 25, 2017 at 8:55 am, loshnee said: Thanks for an operating system is an example of application your information it was so helpfull to curriculum design, me even i get 2 a in exam paper 1 and 2 i think it helpfull to junior and senior student. April 26, 2017 at 5:35 pm, Daniru said: Really ,really helpful article for life during the civil war the exams. Curriculum? April 29, 2017 at 2:43 pm, farmacia viagra said: Erettile per erezione disfunzione vardenafil e cialis di problemi ipertensione 17 rx farmacia italia sicura anni. Human? May 11, 2017 at curriculum design 9:22 pm, Ujjwal Sawarn said: These aren#8217;t just catchy and strongly pronounced but moreover, they extend the length of the sentence. It#8217;s one of the world human resources best parts of this article.

May 14, 2017 at 4:52 am, harper123 said: neat. helped me a lot. May 14, 2017 at 4:55 am, watchsuperwomanonyoutube said: thanks. now I can impress my English teacher! May 26, 2017 at 4:48 am, Jesse and Micheal said: Very very useful. Curriculum Design? May 29, 2017 at 1:46 am, fabi said: I proud of you because you helped other on their study very beautifully.

May 31, 2017 at 10:18 am, kato said: damn, that is just what I need, thanks. June 01, 2017 at 7:02 am, Wowie said: Perfect! Thanks for the tip! June 04, 2017 at 3:01 pm, Ellie said: this was really helpful thank you so much ! June 09, 2017 at 7:52 pm, Amisha said: Helped me in the civil my test as well as in increasing my vocabulary. June 10, 2017 at 7:20 pm, Aids said: Thanks, this helped me a lot. Aiden from Zimbabwe. June 12, 2017 at 1:38 pm, Genius alien said: Yeah ty a lot it can help me beat my bro at writing essay #128578; June 12, 2017 at curriculum models 4:31 pm, mariah said: not very helpful I am sorry.

June 14, 2017 at altarpiece grunewald 5:20 am, Daniel John Seni said: This article is very important and curriculum design models useful! sometimes as we right, we tend to forget some words which are very important in writing essay. we normally use informal words-at the end of the day we score poor marks and we complain why. Thanks for the one who prepared. June 15, 2017 at 5:59 am, nicole said: thanks it was very helpful. June 16, 2017 at the good full 3:15 pm, mamta v gandhi said: it just helped me a lot #8230;not only me but many of the people ..i was shocked seeing so many comments that it helped many people, these phrases and words were so helpful to me Oh My God #8230;thanks a lot #8230; June 25, 2017 at 12:57 pm, Ali said: July 12, 2017 at 10:43 pm, Mary Brooks said: What beautiful way for write, they person that write about Blake. July 18, 2017 at 7:10 am, Praveen ravindran said: Thank you!! this words wil defintly help me on models, essay once again thanks to you. please try this words on essay turst me! July 24, 2017 at 11:48 am, Bubbablueeeee said: This was so helpful ty.

July 26, 2017 at altarpiece 5:38 pm, Malik Dawson said: This really helped me to curriculum, get a better grade on my essay. ( ? ?? ?) Love this. ( ? ?? ?) SUBSCRIBE TO ME #8220;BlastCrib23#8221; and My FRIEND #8220;MODDER#8221; ON PS3 Hes Jailbroken, #8220;SwagMods#8221; On YouTube.( ? ?? ?) MAKE SURE TO SUBSCRIBE TO BOTH CHANNELS ON YOUTUBE ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ August 02, 2017 at the good the ugly movie 6:59 pm, MAika said: Thanks.. Curriculum Models? i was struggling alot.. but now this made it a lot easier#128522;#128522;#128076; August 02, 2017 at 7:01 pm, shourya mathur said: August 08, 2017 at 4:01 am, helani said: Thank you very much. August 19, 2017 at soldier life war 2:02 am, gkmurthy said: they are there. but we won#8217;t use them frequently. Curriculum? that#8217;s the problem. August 31, 2017 at an operating example 1:21 pm, Laura Croft said: Not to mention that my favourite words to use in academic writing are thus and models hence! #128512; September 04, 2017 at 1:02 pm, true said: I#8217;m not ?ertain where you are getting our infomation, however good topic. I needs to spend some tme finding out more. or figuring out more.

Thank you for life during the civil war fantastic info I was searching for ths information for my.

Curriculum design and models - SlideShare

Curriculum design models

Online Cheap Custom Essay -

Nov 11, 2017 Curriculum design models, buy essays online from successful essay -

Types of Curriculum Design Models by diane jane Fernandez on Prezi

oedipus pride essay Ed Friedlander MD. This website collects no information. If you e-mail me, neither your e-mail address nor any other information will ever be passed on curriculum to any third party, unless required by law. I have no sponsors and do not host paid advertisements. All external links are provided freely to sites that I believe my visitors will find helpful. This page was last modified December 7, 2011. If you are a student assigned to read Oedipus the King, and perhaps also to isenheim altarpiece grunewald, comment on Aristotle's ideas about curriculum models tragedy and altarpiece grunewald, tragic flaws, this site will help you get started. Warning: This is curriculum, NOT a family site, and Sophocles is NOT family entertainment. Oedipus the King is a monument to Sophocles's dramatic genius, and to the freedom of Athenian thought.

Sophocles himself served as an army general. Two of his plays (Ajax and Philoctetes) are performed today to help people understand post-traumatic stress disorder, suffered by good people who have undergone life's most horrible experiences. Oedipus the King develops a shocking -- perhaps even immoral -- idea about the chocolate a human being's ultimate relationship to the universe. Whether Sophocles's idea is true, or whether he believed it, are for models you to the chocolate war movie, decide. Commentators on Sophocles, beginning with Aristotle, have tried to design, cover over the chocolate the obvious. This explains the nonsense about tragic flaws and design models, hybris.

We don't know whether there was a historical Oedipus. Human! Oedipus means swollen feet. The Greeks pronounced it oy-DEEP-us. Oed- is the same root as oedema / edema (tissue swelling; the British preserve the initial o), while -pus is feet (hence octopus, the eight-footed animal.) Laius and curriculum design, Jocasta were king and queen of Thebes, a town in Greece. One day, they had a baby boy. An oracle prophesied that the boy would grow up and kill his father and marry his mother.

To thwart the prophecy, Laius and Jocasta decided to kill their baby. In those days, it was usual to leave an unwanted or defective baby in the wilderness. Laius and Jocasta did this. To be extra-sure, they pierced his little feet and isenheim grunewald, tied them together. (Don't worry about why they bound or pierced the baby's feet, which would not have been necessary to guarantee the abandoned child's death. It may have been introduced to explain the hero's name. Design! It also helps later to confirm Oedipus's true identity.) A kindly shepherd found the baby.

He gave the baby to a friend, who took it to Corinth, another town. (Corinth reappears in the New Testament.) The king and queen of Corinth couldn't have a baby of their own. So they adopted the foundling. Nobody ever told little Oedipus that his mother was never pregnant. During War! One day, after he had grown up, a drunk mentioned his being adopted. Oedipus questioned his parents, but they denied it. Oedipus visited various oracles to find out whether he was really adopted. Curriculum! All the isenheim altarpiece oracles told him instead that he would kill his father and marry his mother. (None of this makes much sense. Again, don't worry about it. This is a folk tale.)

To thwart the oracles, Oedipus left Corinth permanently. (Again, don't worry. Yes, Oedipus should have considered that, since he might be adopted, any older man might be his father and any older woman his mother. But this is a folk tale.) Travelling the roads, Oedipus got into a traffic squabble and killed a stranger who (unknown to curriculum design, him) was King Laius. In one version, there was a dispute over right-of-way on a bridge. In those days, high rank got to go first, Oedipus identified himself as heir to the throne of Corinth, and for some reason (again, don't worry about it) Laius's people simply attacked instead of explaining that he was king of Thebes. Some versions say that the rude Laius drove over Oedipus's sore foot, making him lose his temper. Soon Oedipus's smarts saved the town of the good the bad full, Thebes, and he was made king. Models! (In a folk-tale within a folk-tale, Oedipus solved the Riddle of the Sphinx. War Movie! What animal has four legs in design models the morning, two legs at noon, and three legs in the evening?

Of course the answer is a human being -- babies crawl and old folks use walking sticks.) Oedipus married Laius's widow, Queen Jocasta. He ruled well, and they had four children. Eventually, Oedipus and Jocasta found out what had really happened. The Bad The Ugly Movie! (You must assume that accidentally killing your father and marrying your mother is a disaster.) Jocasta committed suicide, and Oedipus blinded himself and curriculum design models, became a wandering beggar. In the version that must have been the favorite of 15th birthday, Sophocles's Athenian audience, Oedipus found sanctuary at Colonus, outside of Athens. Curriculum! The kindness he was shown at the end made the city itself blessed. The moral of the folk tale? Even if you try to thwart your destiny, you won't succeed! In Iliad XXIII, we read about one Mecisteus, who went once to the good the ugly, Thebes after the fall of Oedipus, to curriculum design, attend his funeral, and he beat all the people of Cadmus, evidently at boxing (funeral games) which is the subject of the passage.

In the Odyssey XI's catalogue of shades, We read, I also saw fair Epicaste mother of king Oedipodes whose awful lot it was to an operating is an example software, marry her own son without suspecting it. He married her after having killed his father, but the gods proclaimed the whole story to the world; whereon he remained king of Thebes, in great grief for the spite the gods had borne him; but Epicaste went to the house of the mighty jailor Hades, having hanged herself for grief, and the avenging spirits haunted him as for an outraged mother -- to his ruing bitterly thereafter. That's what Homer has to say about Oedipus. I've been assured that Homer intended the passage to illustrate Oedipus's having the tragic flaw of curriculum design, pride. I can't see what kind of sense this makes. A NYU student found a personal meaning: What is the moral of this story? Don't go to a fortune teller! Let life take its course. Your fate is already written and 15th birthday, sealed.

If you know all there is to know about your life, then why bother living? You'll spend the curriculum models rest of your life worrying about the bad the ugly movie what's to come. Embrace life and its surprises. Oedipus Wrecked -- humor. Wonders why Oedipus allowed himself to curriculum design, be made to feel so stigmatized by a mixup that wasn't his fault.

Moral of the story: Being a victim of gurus, society, and circumstances does not relieve one of the responsibility of disney resources, thinking for themselves. It does make for a tragic hero, however. Sphinxes -- and a lot on the background of the story. The author is with me on the hamartia business, below. Thanks for the sphinx. Long before we got civilized, ancient Europeans (Greeks, Vikings, others) were already talking about predestination. Design Models! If something was going to happen, it would happen and there was nothing you could do about it. Why would anybody talk like this? 1. Ancient people may have been impressed (or wanted to be impressed) by world resources the fulfillment of prophecies.

In our own world, most predictions by models supposed psychics simply don't come true. But people want to believe in the supernatural, and people like to tell each other about the rare occasions when something happens that a psychic said would happen. So money-making psychics make lots of predictions and keep them vague. People have such a strong desire to believe in the power of supernatural prediction that they even invent stories of psychic predictions being fulfilled. The most famous example (Nostradamus and the gray monk in Varennes woods) continues to be told, even though the tale of Louis XVI being disguised as a monk when he was captured there is just a lie. You'll need to decide for yourself whether prophecies of religionists (past or present) come true today, or have ever come true. Some Christians have taught that the Greek oracles were successful because they were diabolic, and an operating example of application, that they went silent on curriculum models the first Christmas (for example, Milton's Hymn on the Morning of Christ's Nativity).

People want to believe in oracles. 2. Believing in predestination frees people from worry. Talking about unalterable destiny is extremely popular among soldiers going into battle -- a powerful antidote to obessive fear that would slow or distract a warrior. Soldiers tell each other, If the bullet has your name on it, you will die. This seems to spur them on to bravery, self-sacrifice, peace-of-mind, and warm camaraderie. Talk about the good the bad the ugly full fate, predestination, and models, so forth has found its way into warriors' tales across many cultures. In the Iliad , even Zeus (? same word as theos or God) is sometimes subject to of application software, Fate (though sometimes Zeus is fate).

We also see this in peacetime, whenever people face frightful conflict. A Calvinist friend of mine who struggled with his sexual issues told me how comforted he felt knowing God had chosen him anyway. For some reason that I do not understand, he could believe in this. He could not believe that he was loved by God as His creation, or loved by God for the sake of Jesus, or even that his sexual orientation might not be the crime that he'd been made to believe it was. Again, I'm no psychiatrist, but I'm glad he could find a formulation that brought him comfort. Most Christians believe that we are responsible for our behavior even though God knows what we will do. So Christians have argued about predestination from New Testament days. Luke says that the curriculum models people who chose Christ were predestined to do so. Dante asks the blessed souls in heaven about predestination, and is an software, is told they don't know the answer, either.

Martin Luther spent much of his youth obsessing over how he was unable to be as good as he wanted. He found his answer not in design predestination, but in soldier life war God's free gift of grace in Christ. For him, this was a comfort and assurance. Design! If you want to know whether you are predestined to be saved, just say your prayers. Then you will know you are predestined for salvation. John Calvin was horrified about the disney resources implications of design models, predestination, but emphasized it in his teaching. Other preachers like Jonathan Spiders Edwards and an operating system of application software, the Wesleys taught that Christ had died for everybody and that everybody had a free choice. Milton has God foresee Adam's sin, and God explains that although He foresees it, he didn't make it happen, so he is justified in punishing Adam. Models! Racine's Phaedra marked a return to themes of Greek tragedy and people being the victims of cruel destiny. The Chocolate War Movie! Racine's milieu was Jansenism, a back-to-basics focus on hellfire and design, predestination that developed within Roman Catholicism.

Boswell, who wrote the soldier life war biography of Samuel Johnson, obsessed about predestination and became profoundly depressed thinking he could end up damned eternally. He's not the only person who's had this experience. In the US, the Free Will Baptist denomination emphasized evangelization and need to work hard to bring others to Christ, against curriculum design, those who thought that God's predestination made this unnecessary. Some Hindus and Buddhists have taught that a person's behavior in a past life predestines happiness or misery in the current one, by the laws of karma. Individual believers may find that this frees them from bitterness over life's injustices (natural and human-made).

You'll need to decide for system example of application yourself whether this is good or bad. Curriculum! Belief in world human karma has awakened social conscience and kindness to strangers in those who believe that what goes around comes around. The theme of predestination continues in secular literature. Chaucer (Troilus and Cressida, The Knight's Tale) deals with predestination. The former is a character study, and the two lovers seem destined for trouble just because of who they are. Curriculum Design Models! Marlowe's Faustus and a popular fifties song proclaimed, Che sera sera -- what will be will be. Ambiguous -- do we make our own decisions or not? Prophecies that can't be thwarted are a favorite literary device, especially famous from Macbeth. Ideas about predestination are parodied in Tristram Shandy -- the baby is isenheim altarpiece, predestined to have a small nose and an ugly name despite the conscious efforts of the parents to avoid these supposed disasters. Today, fulfilled prophecies are a staple of fiction. Although the vast majority of models, psychic predictions in the real world are failures, they come true as plot devices on the Silver Screen.

A new face of the predestination debate comes from the physicists' model of the world. At least in Newtonian physics, if you know everything about a closed system at one moment of time, you can predict everything that will happen in the future. If our world is system, really like this, then physical laws predetermine what will happen in our brains, and what we will think and do. The laws of physics (ultimately) even determine our decisions about which side to take in a college bull session about predestination versus free will. In physics, an electron can bounce like a billiard-ball but go through each of curriculum, two holes like a wave. As a mainstream Christian, I'm accustomed of thinking that something can be two contrary things at the same time, and the chocolate war movie, that apparent contradictions may not be real contradictions. The Good Lord feeds the birds, but I know how birds really get their food. I give thanks to curriculum models, the Good Lord for the birth of a child, but nobody requests equal time for stork science. I know how I get sick and how I recover, and thank the Good Lord for my recovery.

The bread and wine are Christ's body and blood -- I don't know how. The best (though not the most scholarly) answer I've heard to the Christian mystery of predestination goes something like this: When we are entering the New Jerusalem, we will see a sign overhead saying Enter of your free will. Disney Human Resources! When we are inside, and look back, the reverse of the sign will say God chose us from before the foundation of the world (Ephesians 1:4). The folk tale of Oedipus has a popular theme -- predestination. Sigmund Freud and the Oedipus complex aren't the subject of this site. Mainstream psychiatry doesn't believe (and never believed) Freud's precise formulation.

Freud observed that while there are many stories about predestination and unavoidable dooms, the story of curriculum, Oedipus has gotten under people's skins since ancient times. Full! The actual reason, of curriculum, course, is the good full, that it's about dysfunctional family relationships, which really do have a lot to do with behavioral/mental illness. Oedipus -- the legend, from Wikipedia. Tells about modern versions, including some modern ribaldry. Sophocles wrote Oedipus the King for the annual festival where playwrights competed for curriculum design prizes. It was a major civic occasion, with attendance expected. Sophocles the writer is the chocolate war movie, phenomenally good, especially considering his era. His writing is tight, with each phrase contributing to the whole. He is full of design models, succinct observations on altarpiece grunewald life.

And despite the limits of the form, he often manages to make his characters seem like real individuals. The title of our play is often given in its Latin translation Oedipus Rex, rather than in curriculum its original Greek (Oedipus Tyranneus), since the Greek term for king is the English tyrant which means a monarch who rules without the consent of the people. As the play opens, the priest of Zeus and disney world human resources, a bunch of non-speaking characters (old people, children) appear before King Oedipus with tree-branches wrapped with wool. It was evidently the custom to do this in front of curriculum design, a god's altar when you wanted something urgently. Oedipus greets them as a caring, compassionate leader. The priest explains (really for the audience's benefit) that Thebes is suffering from a plague. Plants, animals, and people are all dying. Soldier During The Civil War! The people know Oedipus is not a god, but they believe that some god inspired him to solve the riddle of the sphinx and save the design models town. War Movie! And since Oedipus has been king, he has done a splendid job. So now people look to curriculum design models, him to find a cure for the plague. Oedipus explains (really for the bad the ugly movie the audience's benefit) that he has sent Creon (Jocasta's brother) to the oracle of the god Apollo at Delphi to get an answer.

He's late returning, but as soon as he gets back, Oedipus promises to do whatever the oracle says. Just then, Creon arrives. Since it's good news, he is wearing laurel leaves with berries around his head. Creon says, All's well that ends well. (I'm told that the Greeks loved irony.) Apollo said that the killer of Laius must be found and banished, and the plague will end. And Apollo has promised that a diligent investigation will reveal the killer. Oedipus asks to review the facts. All that is known is that Laius left for Delphi and never returned. (Don't ask what Oedipus did with the bodies of Laius and curriculum design, his crew.) There was no immediate investigation, because of the sphinx problem. One of isenheim altarpiece, Laius's men escaped, and design, walked back to Thebes. (Don't ask what Oedipus did with Laius's horses and chariot.) By the time he got back, Oedipus was being hailed as king. The witness said Laius was killed by world human resources a gang of robbers. (We can already figure out why the witness lied. Curriculum Design Models! And we'll learn later that he asked immediately to be transferred away from Thebes, and has been gone ever since.) Oedipus reflects that if the killers are still at large, they are still a danger.

He decides to issue a policy statement to the bad the ugly movie, help find the killer. The chorus, in a song, calls on the various gods (including Triple Artemis, in her aspects as huntress, moon-goddess, and goddess of dark sorcery), to save them from the plague and from the evil god Ares, who is ordinarily the god of war but is models, here the god of general mass death. Oedipus issues a policy statement, that whoever comes forward with information about the murder of world human, Laius will be rewarded, and that if the curriculum models killer himself confesses, he will not be punished beyond having to leave the city permanently. On the other hand, if anyone conceals the killer, Oedipus says he will be cursed. Oedipus continues that he will pursue the disney world resources investigation just as if Laius were my own father. (Irony.) The Chorus says that Apollo ought to come right out and say who the murderer is. (The Chorus's job is to say what ordinary people think.) Oedipus says, Nobody can make the gods do what they don't want to. The chorus suggests bringing in the blind psychic, Teiresias.

Especially, they hope he can find the missing witness to the killing. Curriculum! In those days, the Greeks believed that human psychics got their insights from the gods. There are other stories about spanish girls 15th Teiresias. Design! As a young man, he ran into some magic snakes and resources, got his gender changed for seven years. This enabled him to tell whether the male or the female enjoys sex more. This was a secret known only to the gods, so he was punished with permanent blindness. Teiresias comes in. Oedipus asks his help finding the killers, ending up by saying, The greatest thing you can do with your life is to curriculum design models, use all your special talents to spanish girls, help others unselfishly.

Teiresias says cryptically, It's a terrible thing to be wise when there's nothing you can do. (As A.A. Milne would say later, and perhaps Oedipus too, When ignorance is bliss, it is folly to be wise.) Teiresias says, I want to go home. Oedipus calls him unpatriotic. Design! Teiresias says, Your words are wide of the an operating system is an of application mark ( hamartia ). Our expression in curriculum design English is You're missing the point. Life During! (Originally an archery target was a point.) We'll hear about hamartia again. Teiresias continues to curriculum design, stonewall, and Oedipus gets very angry.

Finally Teiresias gives in, says Oedipus is the killer, and adds that he is living in shame with his closest relative. Oedipus goes ballistic and calls Teiresias some bad things based on his being blind. (Irony.) Teiresias says, You'll see soon. Oedipus understandably thinks this is war movie, a political trick to smear him, with Teiresias and Creon in cahoots. Design! Oedipus adds that Teiresias can't be much of movie, a psychic, because he hadn't been able to curriculum models, handle the sphinx problem. The Chorus tells both men to cool down. Teiresias leaves, predicting disaster. Soon Oedipus will learn the truth and the chocolate war movie, be a blind exile, leaning on his staff. The Chorus sings about the oracle at Delphi, which was supposedly the center of the world. Gods are omniscient, but the chorus has its doubts about human psychics like Teiresias. Especially, they cannot believe Oedipus is a killer. Creon comes in, incensed that Oedipus would accuse him of curriculum design models, trying to smear him.

The Chorus says Oedipus is simply angry. Creon says he must be nuts. The Chorus says that to the king's faults and misbehavior, they are blind. (See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil -- the isenheim altarpiece norm in a non-democracy.) Oedipus comes in and accuses Creon directly of curriculum design models, planning a coup, using a smear by a crooked psychic as an excuse. They exchange angry words. Oedipus asks why Teiresias never mentioned knowing the killer until today. Creon can't explain this. He defends himself from the accusation of planning a coup. World! (1) Being king is curriculum models, too much trouble. (2) Creon has other worthwhile things to do. (3) Creon has everything he needs. (4) Creon has political influence anyway. (5) Creon is well-liked and isn't going to do an obvious wrong. Isenheim Altarpiece! You build a good reputation over a lifetime.

A single bad action ruins it. Irony. Oedipus isn't satisfied. He says he wants Creon executed for treason. The shouting-match continues until Jocasta comes in and tells them to break it up, there's too much trouble already. Models! The Chorus says it agrees, and world human resources, tells Jocasta that both men are at fault. Creon leaves, and Jocasta asks what's happened. The Chorus talks about what a fine king Oedipus has been, and says, Let's forget the whole business with Teiresias's prophecy. The Chorus uses a variant of the proverb, Let sleeping dogs lie. It's better not to ask about things that can make trouble.

Irony. Oedipus talks about it anyway. Design Models! Jocasta says, Well, I don't believe in psychics. I'll prove it. Laius and I were told that our baby would kill him and marry me.

But this never happened, because we left the baby to soldier life during the civil war, die in the woods. And the witness said that Laius was killed at that place where three roads meet by curriculum design models robbers. Uh-oh, says Oedipus. Which three roads? Irony.

Jocasta says, It's where the roads from of application Thebes, Delphi, and Daulis meet. And it happened just before you solved the curriculum riddle of the sphinx and became king. Oedipus is disney world human resources, upset. He asks Zeus (chief god), What are you doing to me? He asks Jocasta for a description. Jocasta says, Tall, a little gray in his hair, and you know something, he looked a lot like you. Irony. Oedipus continues his questioning.

The one witness, seeing Oedipus as the new king, asked for a distant transfer. He was a good man, and curriculum models, Jocasta didn't know why he wanted away, but she granted his request. Oedipus tells his story. He was going to the oracles to system is an software, find out whether he was adopted. All of them told him simply that he would kill his father and curriculum design models, marry his mother. Isenheim! As he was traveling alone at the place Jocasta has mentioned, he met a group of men going in the opposite direction.

The men, including the leader, started insulting him. Sophocles makes it sound like like a gang of rough men just hassling a lone stranger for design models fun. One of the men shoved Oedipus. System Is An Example! Oedipus punched him back. The leader struck Oedipus treacherously on curriculum the back of the head with the horse staff, Oedipus turned and hit the leader in 15th the chest with his own staff, knocking him out of the chariot. Then Oedipus managed to kill them all except for the one who ran away. It was justifiable, self-defense. But Oedipus is devastated.

He says he must be the killer of Laius, and he is ashamed that he has been having sex with his victim's wife. Models! Oedipus says This is altarpiece grunewald, too terrible to have happened naturally -- it must be the malicious work of models, some god or other. He says he will simply leave the city, now, and let the plague end. He adds that he cannot go back to Corinth, for fear of killing his own father and 15th birthday, marrying his own mother. The Chorus is deeply sympathetic to Oedipus, and appreciative of curriculum design models, his willingness to go voluntarily into exile to save the city. They say, Before you make your final decision, try to find the last witness.

Maybe he will exonerate you. And Oedipus notes, The witness did say it was robbers, plural. Jocasta adds, Whatever happens, I'll never believe in psychics or oracles. Laius was prophesied to die by disney human resources the hand of his own child. The Chorus sings a puzzling song about how (1) we have to obey the gods; (2) the gods's best gift is curriculum design models, good government; (3) if the government is bad, there is no reason to be good; (4) nobody believes in oracles any more. Jocasta comes in, having visited the local shrines and world human, left little offerings, and asks people to join her in praying for the distraught Oedipus. He's our leader, and we need him now. She prays to Apollo to make this disastrous situation better.

Irony. Just then, a messenger comes in from Corinth. He says Lucky Jocasta, you lucky wife! (Actually, Blessed is your marriage bed! Irony.) The king of curriculum models, Corinth has died, and the Corinthians have chosen Oedipus to be their new king. (Greek city-states were often elective monarchies.) Jocasta says, Great news. Spanish Girls Birthday! And Oedipus will be especially pleased, because now the oracle about him killing his father is void. You see, I was right not to models, believe in oracles. Life The Civil War! Irony. Oedipus comes in, hears the news, and says, Maybe the oracle has been fulfilled figuratively; perhaps he died of grief for my absence. But I'm still worried about curriculum design models marrying my mother. Jocasta says, Forget it. Life is governed by chance, not destiny.

Maybe you'll dream about during the civil war marrying your mother. You should ignore dreams. Oedipus is still worried. When he explains to the messenger, the man cracks up and design models, says, Well, I've got some good news for you. You don't have to altarpiece grunewald, worry about marrying the lady you've called mother. because you're adopted! All hell breaks loose. Curriculum! Oedipus questions the messenger, and learns the messenger had been herding sheep, had met a shepherd who had found Oedipus, had taken the baby, had taken the pin out of his ankles, and had given him to the king and queen of Corinth to raise as their own. Oedipus is starting to altarpiece grunewald, wonder about what has always been wrong with his feet. Oedipus says, It's time to clear this up. Curriculum Design Models! Send for the other shepherd. Jocasta realizes exactly what has happened.

Jocasta begs Oedipus NOT to pursue the matter. Oedipus says he has to know. Soldier Life During The Civil! (If Oedipus wasn't so intent on getting to design, the truth, there'd be no play.) Jocasta runs out horribly upset. Oedipus is a little slower, and thinks, Perhaps she's upset to find out I'm not really of royal blood. But what the heck -- I'm 'Destiny's child' -- and that's something to be proud of! I'm me. Irony. The Chorus sing a song in honor of Apollo, and of the woods where Oedipus was found. The say the spot will become famous. Example! Perhaps Oedipus is the child of nymphs and satyrs. Curriculum Models! Irony.

The other shepherd is brought in. He already has figured things out, and pretends he doesn't remember. Then he begs the example of application software other messenger to be quiet. But Oedipus insists on curriculum models the truth. It comes out. Jocasta and war movie, Laius crippled the baby and put it in the woods to curriculum design, foil a prophecy.

Oedipus had, indeed, always wondered what was wrong with his feet. Now everybody knows the truth. Oedipus rushes out. The Chorus sings a song about how transient happiness is, what a splendid king Oedipus has been, and how Oedipus is now the victim of destiny. The next scene is an war movie, extremely graphic account, by an eyewitness. Jocasta ran into the bedroom, screaming.

She locked the door from inside. A few minutes later, Oedipus came in, and broke down the door with what seemed to be supernatural strength. He found Jocasta dead, hanging. Oedipus took the curriculum models body down, then removed the pin that held up her dress. He stabbed it again and again into his eyes, saying he has looked at his mother's naked body when he shouldn't, and the good the ugly, he has learned what he now wishes he hadn't. Models! The blood didn't merely dribble, as after a single needlestick. World! It gushed on both sides. For this to happen, the choroidal artery that enters the eye from models behind must be severed. We can think that Oedipus has actually torn the an operating system is an example globes from their sockets.

Oedipus now begs to be taken out design models of the city (so that the plague will end), but he has no strength and no guide. Oedipus comes in. Evidently Oedipus passed out after blinding himself, and he curses the person who resuscitated him. The Chorus asks, How were you able to an operating is an software, rip out design models your eyeballs? Oedipus replies, Apollo gave me the spanish girls 15th birthday strength to do it. Creon is the new king. Curriculum Design Models! He is not angry, merely kind.

He helps Oedipus up and the ugly full, out of the city, guided by his two daughters. Staff in hand, Oedipus himself is the design answer to the riddle of the sphinx. Isenheim! Oedipus says that some incredible destiny must surely await him. Design! But the Chorus ends with a reflection on how transient human happiness often is: Don't say anybody is soldier life the civil, fortunate until that person is dead -- the final rest, free from pain. Curriculum Design Models! (There is an echo here of Solon's words to Croesus -- don't assume that any particular life will end happily. Is the sense the the chocolate war movie same here, or different?) What is design models, Sophocles saying? To discern an the good the bad movie, author's intentions, look for material that is not required by the plot or intended simply to design, please the audience. In retelling the story of Oedipus, Sophocles goes beyond mere irony. A major theme in the play is whether one can believe in oracles and psychics. By extension, the question is whether the Greeks believed their own mythology.

Sophocles makes a special effort to the chocolate, explain that Oedipus killed Laius in self-defense. More generally, Sophocles goes out of his way to present Oedipus as an curriculum design models, extremely capable, beloved administrator. Conspicuously, Sophocles NEVER suggests that Oedipus has brought his destiny on himself by any ungodly pride ( hybris ) or tragic flaw ( hamartia ). The last lines seem ambiguous. They could mean that the dead are more fortunate than the living, because they do not experience pain. Is life really that bad? The gods made the prophecies that led Oedipus into girls 15th, disaster. Design Models! The sphinx appeared (she must have been sent by the gods), and Oedipus solved her riddle (the chorus says he must have been guided by war movie the gods.) Teiresias could not solve the riddle, or detect the killer -- thanks to curriculum design, the gods. 15th Birthday! At the beginning, Apollo's oracle simply says, Find the curriculum killer -- leading to grunewald, the cruel ironies of the play.

Oedipus specifically says the curriculum models gods set up his extraordinary misfortune. Spanish 15th! And at the end, Apollo merely gives Oedipus the strength to design models, carve his own eyes out of their sockets. In other words, Sophocles says that Oedipus's frightful misadventure is the intentional work of the an operating system software gods. At the curriculum end, everybody says this. The Chocolate War Movie! Pure and simple. Nobody even asks why. The Golden Age of Athens was a time for thinkers, scientists, inventors, and for people to share ideas freely. Models! Greeks were very impressed with reason, and must surely have been asking whether they still believed in their mythology. Social conservatives prosecuted Socrates for altarpiece expressing doubts about the gods, but only because they thought this would corrupt the minds of young people. (Does this sound familiar?) People have often noted that comedy and melodrama have arisen independently in many cultures, but that tragedy has its unique beginnings in Athens's golden age -- the design models first time that we hear people asking the tough questions about what they really believed. The idea that Sophocles is putting forward is much like the dark supernatural suggestions that Stephen King offers our own doubting age.

Stephen King and his readers don't really believe in his creepy monsters. And I don't know whether Sophocles really believed the message of Oedipus the system is an of application King. Sophocles is curriculum, saying, Maybe the gods do exist. and are consciously and elaborately MALICIOUS. This is the only reason that such terrible things could happen to people. Aristotle's Poetics are lecture notes on poetry, with a focus on tragedy. Isenheim! Aristotle liked to classify and evaluate things, and also liked to talk about human virtue and vice. Eventually, this got him the curriculum models best teaching job of his time, as tutor to the boy who became Alexander the the good the bad the ugly movie Great.

Aristotle is reacting in part against curriculum models, Plato's objection to art and theater. Aristotle was especially interested in justifying tragedy to an audience concerned with public morals. I am quoting below from the translation of the Poetics by S.H. Barber. After introducing his subject, Aristotle talks about the subject of the good the bad the ugly full, tragedy. Since the objects of imitation are men in curriculum design action, and these men must be either of a higher or a lower type (for moral character mainly answers to these divisions, goodness and badness being the distinguishing marks of moral differences), it follows that we must represent men either as better than in real life, or as worse, or as they are.

It is the same in the chocolate painting. Curriculum Design! Polygnotus depicted men as nobler than they are, Pauson as less noble, Dionysius drew them true to life. -- II. In other words, when you paint or play a person, you can idealize him, you can lampoon him, or you can try for realism. Aristotle continues. The same distinction marks off Tragedy from the chocolate Comedy; for Comedy aims at representing men as worse, Tragedy as better than in actual life. -- II. Aristotle means both better-spoken and of better moral character. Curriculum Design! Aristotle goes on to explain why people make poetry in the first place. He decides that there's an instinct to mimic things, and people like the imitations of others because it's fun to recognize things.

He continues. Poetry now diverged in two directions, according to the individual character of the writers. Life During The Civil War! The graver spirits imitated noble actions, and the actions of good men. The more trivial sort imitated the actions of meaner persons, at first composing satires, as the former did hymns to the gods and the praises of famous men. -- IV. Aristotle adds that the curriculum models tragedians were the system is an example of application software successors of the curriculum design models epic poets, who also focused on high and noble deeds. Aristotle wonders whether Tragedy will ever be better than it was in his era.

He tells about its origins in improvisation, and its recent history. Aeschylus first introduced a second actor; he diminished the importance of the Chorus, and assigned the leading part to altarpiece, the dialogue. Sophocles raised the curriculum models number of actors to three, and added scene-painting. -- IV Originally, tragedies were songs sung by during the civil war a chorus. Then one member would take the curriculum models role of a character. Aeschylus added a second speaking part apart from the chorus. Sophocles added a third, and introduced stage scenery. Now Aristotle moves into the famous definition of tragedy. Tragedy, then, is an imitation of an action that is serious, complete, and system is an software, of a certain magnitude; in language embellished with each kind of artistic ornament, the curriculum models several kinds being found in separate parts of the play; in the form of action, not of disney resources, narrative; through pity and curriculum models, fear effecting the proper purgation of these emotions. -- VI.

Tragedy must be a unified story, about something important. Aristotle would say later that tragedy should involve high-ranking people. Disney World Resources! He doesn't give any reason that makes sense. Probably he thought that the great themes of life required larger-than-life characters. Arthur Miller would write about a salesman as a tragic hero, Willy Low-Man. And a comic hero would be Truman -- the design models one true-man in a world that deceives him. The end of the isenheim altarpiece paragraph begins the business that has caused all the design trouble.

Purging means taking a laxative (our word cathartic for life during the civil a laxative comes from the Greek term catharsis, which you already know). You watch a tragedy to have a good cry, and get rid of your ideas about bad things happening to good people. Every Tragedy, therefore, must have six parts, which parts determine its quality- namely, Plot, Character, Diction, Thought, Spectacle, Song. -- VI. Aristotle goes on to explain what these are. Plot: the story; the good ones focus on a single episode. Character: the personalities of the characters, as shown in their words and actions. Curriculum Models! (Considering the disney limitations of the form, the Greeks did a nice job of drawing character.) Diction: the right choice of words. Aristotle points out how effective using just the right word can be. Thought: Arguments and exposition. Aristotle compares it to rhetoric.

Spectacle: as we'd say, special effects. Not so much the poet's business as the stage-specialist's. Song: words joined to music. What is missing? Aristotle never mentions theme , the curriculum models thoughts about life on which tragedies can be based. Aristotle was a very smart person, and the Greek tragedies remain popular today, not as museum pieces, but as comments on an operating system is an example of application life. Models! Yet Aristotle is silent on this important element of tragedy. As you continue to study literature, you'll constantly look for themes. Disney World Human Resources! I like Shakespeare, and like the ancient Greeks, his themes are often troubling.

Macbeth gets much of its impact from curriculum design models its central question -- Is life really a meaningless exercise in a dog-eat-dog world? Hamlet focuses on the phoniness and meanness of human society. Hamlet starts by wishing he was dead. At the end, he comes to terms with life as many modern secularists do, deciding to live and love well in an unfair world. The themes of Romeo and Juliet were radical in disney world Shakespeare's time. Models! Shakespeare changed the messsage of his source (which was a cautionary tale for teenagers to obey their parents instead of making their own decisions.) Young people should be allowed to choose their own husbands and wives.

The disasters of war movie, young people -- even a godawful teenaged murder-suicide -- can sometimes be rightly blamed on curriculum models their parents. War Movie! And love gives happiness and dignity even in the worst circumstances. Antony and Cleopatra asks the age-old question: Does illicit love ennoble people, or just degrade them? King Lear reaches a conclusion similar to Oedipus the King, but with the idea that unselfish human love can, at least temporarily, give beauty and meaning in a godless world. Aristotle, the school-teacher, is design models, actually steering his students AWAY from looking for themes.

Aristotle goes on to say that the plot is best kept unified, without subplots, and the action not covering more then 24 hours. Isenheim! Subjects from mythology are traditional but not mandatory. Design Models! (Aristotle thought people would be more willing to suspend disbelief if the stories came from accepted mythology.) If there are to be coincidences, they should seem to make sense. Disney Resources! But again, Tragedy is an imitation not only of a complete action, but of events inspiring fear or pity. Such an effect is best produced when the events come on us by surprise; and the effect is heightened when, at the same time, they follow as cause and effect. The tragic wonder will then be greater than if they happened of themselves or by accident; for even coincidences are most striking when they have an design models, air of design.

We may instance the statue of Mitys at Argos, which fell upon his murderer while he was a spectator at a festival, and killed him. Such events seem not to be due to mere chance. Human! Plots, therefore, constructed on design these principles are necessarily the best. -- IX. Coincidences are crowd-pleasers, and people are willing to suspend disbelief in them. (People want to believe in magic.) A character today might say that the falling statue expressed the will of the Force. Aristotle launches into a big discussion about simple vs. complex plots.

The best plots are complex, with twists or irony (he calls both of these reversal of the situation) or bombshells (recognition scenes). World Resources! Aristotle describes a scene of suffering as characteristic of tragedy; it depicts somebody suffering physically or dying onstage. A perfect tragedy should, as we have seen, be arranged not on the simple but on the complex plan. It should, moreover, imitate actions which excite pity and models, fear, this being the distinctive mark of tragic imitation. It follows plainly, in the first place, that the system is an of application software change of curriculum, fortune presented must not be the spectacle of a virtuous man brought from prosperity to adversity: for this moves neither pity nor fear; it merely shocks us. Nor, again, that of a bad man passing from adversity to prosperity: for nothing can be more alien to the spirit of Tragedy; it possesses no single tragic quality; it neither satisfies the moral sense nor calls forth pity or fear. Nor, again, should the downfall of the utter villain be exhibited. A plot of this kind would, doubtless, satisfy the isenheim altarpiece moral sense, but it would inspire neither pity nor fear; for pity is design, aroused by unmerited misfortune, fear by the misfortune of life during, a man like ourselves. Such an event, therefore, will be neither pitiful nor terrible.

There remains, then, the character between these two extremes- that of a man who is not eminently good and just, yet whose misfortune is brought about not by curriculum vice or depravity, but by the good the bad some error or frailty . He must be one who is curriculum, highly renowned and prosperous -- a personage like Oedipus, Thyestes, or other illustrious men of such families. -- XIII This passage continues to cause problems. Plays about bad people ending up happy don't satisfy Aristotle. (Beavis and grunewald, Butt-Head Do America doesn't fit Aristotle's definition of tragedy.) Plays about thoroughly bad people getting their just deserts in the end don't work because we can't identify with the bad guy. (Richard III doesn't fit Aristotle's definition of a tragedy, either.) Finally, Aristotle cannot imagine that a tragedy could deal with disaster befalling a completely sympathetic character. He says this would merely shock us. But Oedipus the King DOES shock us, and is intended to do so. Why is Aristotle avoiding the obvious? We'll soon see. A well-constructed plot should, therefore, be single in its issue, rather than double as some maintain. The change of curriculum design, fortune should be not from bad to good, but, reversely, from the chocolate war movie good to bad. It should come about as the result not of design models, vice, but of some great error or frailty, in a character either such as we have described, or better rather than worse. Isenheim Grunewald! The practice of the stage bears out our view. -- XIII. By double plots, Aristotle is referring to serious plays that have a disaster in the middle, but a happy ending.

Aristotle considers these to be inferior, but admits that many people prefer them. In the second rank comes the kind of tragedy which some place first. Like the Odyssey, it has a double thread of plot, and also an opposite catastrophe for the good and for the bad. It is curriculum design, accounted the best because of the weakness of the spectators; for the poet is guided in what he writes by the wishes of his audience. The pleasure, however, thence derived is not the true tragic pleasure. Soldier Life During The Civil! It is proper rather to Comedy, where those who, in the piece, are the deadliest enemies -- like Orestes and curriculum design models, Aegisthus -- quit the stage as friends at soldier life the civil war, the close, and no one slays or is slain. -- XIII This only makes sense if you share Aristotle's assumption that the purpose of serious drama is to make you have a good scare and a good cry and curriculum design, go back to thinking that real-life is more fair. Aristotle goes on to explain that the best plots and the good the bad, the best scripts themselves arouse pity and models, fear, and that the soldier during the civil war best plays don't even need the special effects. Fear and curriculum design, pity may be aroused by spectacular means; but they may also result from the inner structure of the piece, which is the better way, and indicates a superior poet. For the plot ought to be so constructed that, even without the aid of the eye, he who hears the isenheim tale told will thrill with horror and melt to pity at what takes place.

This is the curriculum models impression we should receive from hearing the an operating example story of the Oedipus. -- XIV. Aristotle goes on. Let us then determine what are the circumstances which strike us as terrible or pitiful. -- XIV They are aroused especially when people kill friends or family. The killer may or may not know what he/she is doing. It can happen onstage, or be discovered, as (Aristotle points out) in Oedipus the design models King. Aristotle was a product of his times. In respect of grunewald, Character there are four things to be aimed at. First, and most important, it must be good. Now any speech or action that manifests moral purpose of models, any kind will be expressive of girls, character: the character will be good if the purpose is good.

This rule is relative to each class. Even a woman may be good, and also a slave; though the woman may be said to be an inferior being, and the slave quite worthless. The second thing to aim at is propriety. Curriculum! There is during, a type of manly valor; but valor in design a woman, or unscrupulous cleverness is inappropriate. -- XV. We do not have to be left-wing activists or injustice-collectors to despise this kind of sexism and classism. But the truth is that on isenheim the Greek stage, the curriculum design models women are as interesting, sympathetic, intelligent and brave as the men -- an disney resources, obvious fact that Aristotle ignores. Aristotle goes on to say that characters should be believable, the kinds of people we meet in life, and that characters should be consistent.

Aristotle has a problem with Euripides's Iphegenia in Aulis, which tells the story of a sudden decision for heroic altruism. It remains to speak of Diction and Thought, the other parts of Tragedy having been already discussed. Concerning Thought, we may assume what is said in the Rhetoric, to curriculum design models, which inquiry the an operating system is an subject more strictly belongs. Under Thought is curriculum design models, included every effect which has to be produced by speech, the subdivisions being: proof and refutation; the excitation of the feelings, such as pity, fear, anger, and the bad full, the like; the design models suggestion of soldier during the civil, importance or its opposite. Now, it is evident that the dramatic incidents must be treated from the same points of view as the dramatic speeches, when the object is to curriculum, evoke the sense of pity, fear, importance, or probability. -- XIX. Aristotle talks about war movie realism, which is a curious topic when talking about tales from Greek mythology. Further, if it be objected that the description is not true to fact, the poet may perhaps reply, But the objects are as they ought to be; just as Sophocles said that he drew men as they ought to be; Euripides, as they are. Design! In this way the objection may be met. If, however, the representation be of neither kind, the war movie poet may answer, This is how men say the thing is, applies to curriculum models, tales about the gods. It may well be that these stories are not higher than fact nor yet true to fact: they are, very possibly, what Xenophanes says of them. -- XXV. Xenophanes came out and said it -- the tales of Greek Mythology are fiction.

Aristotle knows this is important, but once again, he avoided the rough issue. Somebody may ask you about Sophocles portraying people as they should be, and Euripides portraying people as they are. Sophocles shows Oedipus as gracious, capable, and the good the bad movie, altruistic. Sophocles has Ajax write a magnificent suicide note and end a useful life rather than live with the stigma of mental illness. Design! Sophocles has Orestes kill his own mother without a lick of regret, making a speech about how everybody who breaks any law should be summarily executed. Euripides, by contrast, shows a woman murdering her two children in cold blood just to get back at their father. You can have fun examining this further. I think I understand. Aristotle got paid to tell young people that if they lived good lives, really bad things wouldn't happen to them. To explain why they saw really bad things happening to good people onstage, Aristotle gave two (contradictory) answers.

1. When something really bad happens to a good person in is an example of application a tragedy, it is because that person has a tragic flaw. 2. When something really bad happens to a good person in models a tragedy, it is just make-believe. It is so you can have a good scare and a good cry. This gets these emotions out of your system. You can go back to the real world, where life is disney, fair.

It's bunk, intended to keep people from curriculum design complaining about Sophocles's devastating theme. Aristotle may have been the first schoolteacher to disney world human resources, smokescreen Sophocles's message that the gods might be malicious. He may have thought he was right to do so. Aristotle's popularity among schoolteachers has helped hide Sophocles's grim idea. Even today, students are forced to write essays about tragic flaws and curriculum design models, purging pity and fear. Somehow, hybris (ungodly pride, arrogance, and so forth) has come to software, be identified as the usual tragic fault. I cannot understand why -- the idea does not seem to be Aristotle's. But whenever something bad happens to a basically good person in a tragedy, students are invited to see hybris. (Hubris is the design same word; the Greek letter upsilon looks like our Y and is its origin, but the sound was more like the the good full uhh that I make when I have no idea what to say.) In Antigone , Sophocles has the chorus specifically call Creon on models his hybris, i.e., his impious decree intended to the bad full movie, promote national security.

I have seen this section from models Antigone quoted and 15th, said to be from Oedipus the models King, as proof that Oedipus has a tragic flaw of hybris. In Aeschylus's Agamemnon , the murderess gets the soldier life during the civil war victim to do a vainglorious, un-Greek walk down a red carpet in order to gain public support after the murder. Other characters (Aeschylus's Prometheus, the victims of Euripides's Dionysus) are punished wrongfully for standing up for what most of us would say is common sense and genuine goodness. It is curriculum, hard to girls 15th, generalize this. Interestingly, I can't find the idea of hybris in Aristotle's Poetics. During the sixties, we especially resented being told that Antigone's act of civil disobedience / political protest was hybris. Design! You can't defend yourself against an accusation of hybris. An Operating Example Of Application Software! I am an honest physician who engages in public debates. When I catch somebody deliberately deceiving the models public, they never defend their cases on the facts, but almost always call me arrogant or elitist. (If you have no case, shout hybris!) Through my Shakespeare site, I often get requests, What is Hamlet's tragic flaw?, etc., etc.

I tell people that they're asking the wrong question, and to world human, look instead at curriculum design, what the author is really saying about isenheim life. If Aristotle and models, his successors had been free to speak the system is an example software truth clearly, here are some points that would come up in discussion and with which most students (then and now) would probably agree. In our world, very bad things do sometimes happen to design models, very good people. Your chief security comes from what people know you can do well. This results in turn from your natural abilities, your effort, and your good character. It's safest, and the best strategy, to try to be a good person. It's fun to be scared at isenheim, shows, and to models, cry.

But we don't want to spanish girls 15th birthday, be rid of these emotions, but to design, feel them most intensely. Perhaps we can also bring back, from a good play or movie, something that will help us make sense of ourselves, our neighbors, and our world. Oedipus seeks the truth about himself despite the warnings that it will not bring him happiness. We cannot blame Aristotle for the centuries of ignorance during which his authority was used to limit free inquiry. But today, most people admire those who bravely seek the the good the ugly truth about nature, and about themselves. It is a modern, rather than an Aristotelian, theme.

Greek serious drama (tragedy) reaches an intensity that remains unsurpassed. Serious drama did go on, after the Greeks, to become richer in many ways, including variety of curriculum, plot, character, and theme. Much of the power of serious literature (like tragedy, and system is an software, like the comedies of Aristophanes and Shakespeare) comes from the philosophical issues that it raises. Models! We do not have to be frightened when we run into a theme with which we disagree. If history teaches us anything, it is is an, that we need to be more frightened of people who would restrict the free sharing of ideas, or force a stupid right-wing or left-wing ideology on us. Young people naturally discuss whether the stories they hear in curriculum models church are true, and perhaps even whether the universe itself might be malevolent. Spanish Birthday! (Today's teens enjoy the tongue-in-cheek adventure game, Call of Cthulhu, in which the spiritual powers of the universe are insanely cruel, though less subtle.) Whether or not Sophocles was serious in putting this latter idea forward, simply recognizing that he has done so will not corrupt the morals of young people.

Every person must find his or her own answer to the mystery of why bad things happen to good people in a universe supposedly under God's control. Yet even if people reach different conclusions, and express them freely, people can usually still live and work together in peace and curriculum design models, good-will. Few thinking people, then or now, will credit the idea that Apollo, or one of his counterparts, deliberately engineers disasters. But Sophocles's theme rings partially true to those of us who approach the universe with a sense of awe, as a mystery where perhaps there is more than there appears to be. They may not have told you that hamartia is the word used in the original Greek of the the good the ugly movie New Testament for sin. The King James Version has 172 instances.

Jim Donahoe's essay on Oedipus's tragic flaw is no longer online. In the end however, Oedipus becomes more humble and accepts his fate. He becomes a better person and is better off after his fall. Dr. Black, from curriculum Malaspina College (link now down) wrote that Oedipus's flaw is altarpiece grunewald, his special ability to solve riddles, his detective ability, one might say, or his intellect. Yet this is a form of hubris -- the curriculum belief that one can understand, read, predict, control the future etc. through one's native wit, and this is what brings him down, despite several warnings to give up the hunt. Soldier Life The Civil! Reason = Apollo.

Myth Man. Oedipus. brought about his own downfall because of his excessive obsession to curriculum models, know himself. Altarpiece Grunewald! I'm honored to be the source of his quotation (Thus, some say that the moral of the story is, Even if you try to thwart your destiny, you won't succeed.). Link is now down. University of Pennsylvania classics department essay on Oedipus's tragic flaw . in curriculum design models this account, his basic flaw is his lack of knowledge about his own identity. The writer is fair enough to point out that unlike other tragic heroes, Oedipus bears no responsibility for his flaw. Isenheim Altarpiece! You can decide for design models yourself whether this fits with Aristotle's use of the term, taken in context. Ian Johnston -- also offers a free translation (thanks!) Points out themes common to world literature prior to the decline in religious belief. Who does control our lives? What sort of war, relationship do we have to design, that divine force? Concludes that Oedipus has no moral failures, and that his flaw is his very excellence -- and this also gives him his tragic greatness.

Letters on the Classics People always think that because Aristotle said a tragic hero's downfall should be due to system is an of application, a tragic flaw (hamartia) , and Aristotle admired King Oedipus above all tragedies, therefore Oedipus must have a flaw. [This is design models, a false premise under Aristotle's very own logic.] And so they have struggled to find one. The whole business of 'tragic flaws' is something that English and Drama teachers have got hold of from some book they read when they were students. No one these days who has actually studied Greek tragedy believes there is an operating system is an example software, any such thing. Tragic Flaws . . I realized something quite interesting: just about everything Aristle says about tragic heroes is wrong. Curriculum Design! Aristotle had postulated the principle of the tragic flaw in tragedy. A hero, who is mostly good, makes some sort of mistake related to girls 15th birthday, acharacter flaw, usually hybris or pride. Models! However, from what I read, I realised that tragic heroes are almost never brought down by flaws or by hybris . In fact, in most cases, the protagonist is actually destroyed by his or her virtues. In puzzling over this, I realised that Aristotle is, in spanish 15th birthday fact,not trying to explain exactly what is happening in tragedy but what should be happening. He is design models, answering a very specific challenge to the very existence of tragedy presented by Plato in the Republic Book III. Plato had argued that tragedy corrupted the altarpiece grunewald audience. Aristotle's development of the tragic flaw is a response to design models, this challenge.

The author has a Ph.D. in Ancient and Medieval Philosophy. Link is now down: Cyber Essays to help students. The anonymous author discusses Oedipus the isenheim altarpiece grunewald King with reference to Socrates's dictum, The unexamined life is not worth living and (A.A. Winnie the Pooh Milne's dictum) When ignorance is bliss, it is folly to be wise. Seeking a tragic flaw for Oedipus, the author says that Oedipus would have been better not to have been so curious. What the essay ignores is curriculum design, that Oedipus pursued the truth to save his city, not to amuse himself. The author avoids this obvious point in drawing his own non-Sophoclean conclusion. It's better not to know.

We used to hear this from anti-science college-campus types on both the far-right and the far-left, who want to altarpiece grunewald, reshape society down ideological lines. You'll have to curriculum design, decide for yourself about isenheim altarpiece this. But like it or not, focusing on science over make-believe has a lot to curriculum design, do with why whole cities don't die of the plague any more. This essay has been offered for sale (and perhaps still is) by at spanish 15th birthday, least two websites set up for students who for curriculum design models whatever reason do not want to software, write their own papers. I have received no response to my protests. Teachers: Click here to begin your search for online essays intended for would-be plagiarists. Curriculum Models! Dishonesty was your tragic flaw, kid!

Good luck. -- a new, free plagiary-catcher service. Students: If your teacher is at all computer-savvy, and you turn in a paper that you took for free off the web, you will be caught. Everybody will make fun of you, and you can forget about being a doctor, lawyer, or whatever. The Good The Ugly! That'll be your tragic flaw. Ha ha! Arthur Miller wrote, The flaw, or crack in models the character [of Oedipus], is really nothing -- and need be nothing -- but his inherent unwillingness to remain passive in the face of what he conceives to be a challenge to war movie, his dignity, his image of his rightful status. Only the passive, only those who accept their lots without active retaliation, are 'flawless.' Most of us are in that category. Miller adds that the terror and the fear that is classically associated with tragedy comes from questioning the unquestioned. Maybe this is more about Miller than about Sophocles -- but it was a good thought for the conformist, self-satisfied Fifties. Oedipus -- heroic-fantasy style painting.

Jocaste (was Iokaste) -- contemporary novel about Oedipus's wife-mother. Release date Sept. 2004. Re-released 2011. I'm Ed. You can visit me at my own page and follow the links from there to my autopsy page, my notes on disease (the largest one-man online medical show, helping individuals around the world), my Adventure Gaming sites, or any of the other sites. Fellow English majors -- Okay, okay, I know the curriculum models commas are supposed to go inside the quotation marks. This became standard to protect fragile bits of the ugly full movie, movable type. My practice lets me know I'm the one who's typed a particular document. Teens: Stay away from drugs, work yourself extremely hard in class or at your trade, play sports if and curriculum design, only if you like it, tell the grownups who support you that you love them (no matter what the circumstances), and get out of abusive relationships by any means. The best thing anybody can say about you is, That kid likes to work too hard and isn't taking it easy like other young people.

Thanks for visiting. Health and friendship. To include this page in a bibliography, you may use this format: Friedlander ER (1999) Enjoying Oedipus the King by is an example Sophocles Retrieved Dec. 25, 2003 from For Modern Language Association sticklers, the name of the site itself is The Pathology Guy and the Sponsoring Institution or Organization is Ed Friedlander MD. Visitors send me this question from time to curriculum design, time. If being a contemporary American means being focused on dirty TV sitcoms, greed, casual sex, big-money sports, shout-and-pout grievance-group politics, televangelism, professional wrestling, crybabies, slot machines, postmodernism, political action committees, and war on soldier life war drugs profiteering. then the answer is probably Nothing.

If a contemporary American can still ask, If there is design, a God, why do horrible things happen to isenheim altarpiece, perfectly good people? And how do we explain this to children? -- then the answer is maybe that Sophocles deals with basic human issues. A week after setting up this site, people are already writing me to design models, tell me that I am wrong, but not why. Each of three teachers has told me that The class agreed Oedipus caused his own problem. I use the term immoral for the idea that the gods deliberately set up horrible disasters, simply for lack of a better English word. And it seems appropriate to me. The Chocolate War Movie! (Cliff Notes used the word moral for the idea that the gods are fair and decent.) If you can think of a better one, please let me know. If you are a student writing on Oedipus , perhaps you can find a typically Greek solution.

Athenians often constructed sentences in the form of curriculum models, One the an operating system example software one hand ( men ). and on the other hand ( de ). Argue both sides. It'll be fun and prevent trouble. If your instructor is a proponent of one of the design models three sides of the culture war, you can make him/her happy and still be honest. If your instructor is a conservative religionist (Religious Right, etc., etc.), point out how Sophocles recognizes the falsity of altarpiece, old, heathen mythologies, how their false idols were cruel and amoral, etc., etc. If your instructor is a left-wing social-activist / postmodernist focused on grievance-group politics, point out how Sophocles challenges the traditional belief structures of the oppressive patriarchy, etc., etc. If your instructor is a scientific naturalist, argue that Sophocles actually knew that Greek mythology, and all the talk about gods and curriculum, so forth, was bunk, and maybe this is what he is really telling us. If you are a teacher taking a traditional classroom approach to Oedipus the King, be ready for these questions from your students. Cliff Notes, which is an operating is an, as usual pretty good, warns that overemphasis on a search for the decisive flaw in curriculum design the protagonist as the key factor for the good the bad the ugly full movie understanding the tragedy can lead to superficial or false interpretations. The author also warns that Aristotle's approach is sometimes too artificial or formula-prone in its conclusions. He goes on to say that some people say Oedipus's tragic flaw is his anger (at Laius, at Tiresias), his trying to escape his destiny, and his pride and determination in trying to get the herdsman to curriculum design models, tell the truth. (The author adds that Sophocles believes that the universe is fundamentally a profoundly moral place, though I can't tell why.) Why all the during different supposed tragic flaws?

If a lone man is hassled and then physically attacked by a group of curriculum, thugs on a deserted stretch of highway, especially when the the bad the ugly full area is not patrolled by fast police cars, he is much safer if he hits back than if he runs or begs for mercy. This isn't right, but it's a fact of life, and if you didn't know it, you have been protected and are naive. Sophocles presents Oedipus's killing of Laius as self-defense. Models! What kind of sense does this make if Sophocles wants us to think Oedipus caused his own downfall? Today, if a psychic went on spanish girls the air and accused a decent, respected government official of murder and incest, people would be furious and believe that this is design models, crooked politics. Oedipus is right to think this and to be very angry, though I think (as the the good the bad the ugly movie Chorus does) that he goes too far in assuming Creon is behind it. Why would anybody think Oedipus should NOT be suspicious and curriculum models, angry?

If Oedipus had not tried hard to get to the truth, there would have been no play. Oedipus loses his temper with Creon, and the Chorus says he is over-reacting, but not that this causes his disaster. The Chorus sings about the need to isenheim altarpiece, revere the design models gods, but never that Oedipus has not done do. In fact, the Chorus, representing public opinion, never says Oedipus caused his disaster. This is in spectacular contrast to the bad full movie, the ending of Antigone, where the Chorus sings about Creon's hybris (I refuse to allow proper religious burial rites for a man who endangered National Security, this will make him an design, example and keep our people safe) and how it caused his ruin (Religion and conscience and decency and human love take precedence over supposed National Security.) Does the word hybris even appear in Aristotle's Poetics? The site went up in 1998, and has proved very popular. Most of my correspondents express appreciation -- especially fellow-educators. I do get maybe half a dozen abusive e-mails per year specifically about this page, all claiming to come from isenheim grunewald teachers. (My second such correspondent from models 2007 claimed to teach English at a major university, but the department chairman tells me that he knows of the bad the ugly, no such person.) At least I'm glad people still feel strongly enough about classical literature to send hate mail.

However, not one of them (or anyone else) has ever tried to explain why I am wrong -- and that leads me to design models, draw the obvious conclusion. If you have no case, shout hybris . If you are a student who has been punished for using this website, please contact me and I'll probably be able to take care of soldier life during the civil war, it for you. Whatever you decide, I hope that everybody enjoys Sophocles's Oedipus the King, and the Greek custom of free intellectual inquiry, as much as I have! Health and friendship! This isn't the first time that everybody's told me that conventional wisdom is design models, right and that I'm wrong, but not why. Soldier Life During! In the 1970's, I said: Peptic ulcer craters contain spiral bacteria, which are part of the process. Patients presenting with fibromyalgia symptoms have a real disease.

Nitrates do not dilate atherosclerotic coronary arteries. Bismuth has a specific, powerful effect on indigestion apart from its antacid effect. The psychologic roots for curriculum criminality are not in lack of self-esteem, but in a sense of entitlement and special privilege. Selenium has a specific, powerful effect on dandruff apart from its keratolytic effect. A large percentage of SIDS deaths are intentional or negligent homicides, and a baby can smother by overling or on a mattress or big toy. William Blake's private papers show that psychosis does not necessarily mean disability or lack of insight. I'm no Teiresias. But except for the last (where people are still telling me I'm wrong, but not why), I've been glad that common sense and a little basic understanding of the world eventually wins out over academic dogma. I'm thankful for the experimental method and the ugly movie, the fact that science corrects itself. To the models best of my knowledge, all the links on my literature pages are to free sites.

In August 2000, the operator of the large for-profit help-with-homework online Shakespeare site offered to buy these pages out for the good movie a price in the low four figures. I refused, and the site owner replied that I wish you would just close down the domain and spare everybody from a lot of curriculum models, wasted time. During The Civil War! It's a shame. Curriculum Design Models! This site will always remain free, to is an of application, help everybody enjoy the works that I have, myself, enjoyed so much. If any of the sites to which I have linked are asking students for their money, please let me know.

reset Jan. 30, 2005: Ed says, This world would be a sorry place if people like me who call ourselves Christians didn't try to models, act as good as other good people . Click here to life the civil, see the author's friend, Dr. Ken Savage, do it right.

Order Essay and Get It on Time -
Curriculum Design Models - SlideShare

Nov 11, 2017 Curriculum design models, pay for essay writing service -

Types of Curriculum Design: Subject Centered | educational research

Teenage Driving Argumentative Essay. Many studies regarding teenage driving have presented divers arguments presently and in the past. As much as many are against teenage driving, some support teenage drivers. Many teenager always dream of owning a car. In most developed countries many grandparents, parents, and capable members of the family are likely to buy for a teenage or even a young child a car. Some are usually presents offered in curriculum form of the good the ugly appreciation to the kid. Curriculum Design Models! This is why most teens strive to get behind the wheels without considering the consequences that may come with driving. It is apparent that many teenagers are usually inexperienced when it comes to the bad driving.

Nonetheless, many people support teenage driving as it helps when one’s car is design models, broken down late in the night. System Is An Example Of Application Software! This paper presents both sides of the arguments regarding teenage driving. Argument against Teenage Driving. Teenage driving is not good and there is need to develop legislations that prohibit teenagers from moving cars on the American roads. To begin with, insurance companies consider it as a risky undertakes to curriculum design models provide cover for cars driven by the teenagers (Schultz, 2010). During War! This kind of fear emanates from the doubts the insurance companies tend to have over the teenager bearing their judgmental abilities. Insurance companies assume teenagers to have poor judgmental power and can make wrong decision to cause avoidable accidents (Schultz, 2010). Curriculum Design Models! This fear makes insurance companies charge high premiums on car driven by teenagers, and this becomes expensive and unaffordable to some families.

However, insurance charges for cars driven by teenagers tend to girls birthday vary with school grades of the particular teenagers. Insurance premiums charged on bright students who obtained good grades in schools are likely to curriculum design be lower than their counterparts who obtained low grades. This kind of treatment of teenagers wanting to drive is discriminatory and war movie constitutionally unexpected. It would be better to curriculum design prohibit teenage driving instead of exercising discriminatory favors extended in lines of academic performance. This criteria used by insurance companies of charging low premiums on teenagers who have good grades is dismissive and misleading. There some teenagers who may have low school grades but have excellent physical and judgmental ability that can enable them manage car on the road. Another reason why teenagers should not drive relates to high risks of teens to involve in fatal accidents. In facts, statistics confirm that accident caused by teen drivers consist the greatest percentage of accidents reported in America. According to the chocolate war movie statistics of CDC (2012), seven teens died every day from road accidents tat majorly involved ten driving in 2010.

CDC (2012) adds that per every mile, teenager drivers in the age bracket between 16 and 19 years are thrice likely to involve in fatal car crash than those above 20 years. Road carnage statistics gathered in 2010 indicates that 2700 teens between 16 and 19 years died in road accidents where drivers were teenagers. Besides the deaths, about 282000 of teenagers suffered serious injuries from car crashes that necessitated their admission in emergency departments. The fact that teenagers are young members of society and who have little life experience is enough to curriculum design disqualify them as drivers. Soldier Life War! Compared to the older drivers, teenage drivers are likely to underestimate dangerous situations on curriculum design the roads. They also have poor cognitive ability that impairs them from rightfully recognizing dangerous situations. Furthermore, teenagers exhibit behaviors that demonstrate carelessness and low precaution. Disney Human! For example, most teenagers do not consider fastening of seat belt as a safety measure when driving in a car. CDC (2012) confirms that research conducted in 2011 to determine frequency and circumstance when teenagers fasten seat belts, 54% of the participants reported to have fastened seat belts only when riding in a car with an adult. This means that when left alone to drive car on the roads, teenagers will be at high risks of perishing in case of an curriculum accident.

As young members of the society, teenagers are usually at their late stages of development and tend to isenheim altarpiece learn many things. Teenagers are usually very curious and tend to try many things irrespective of the dangers attributed to their practices (Plotnik Kouyoumjian, 2011). Leaving such individuals to drive is very risky since they will be in their continuous process of learning. They will try doing many things on the board of car when driving to in bid to learn how the car operates. Curriculum! This has seen teenage drivers over-speed and make emergency breaks even when not necessary. Some also consider driving as games where they try various skills through dangerous and soldier life the civil unsafe practices. Since teenagers are in the developmental process and design models have interest to world human resources know many, they become vulnerable to distractions (Plotnik Kouyoumjian, 2011). This means that teenagers need to respond to curriculum design models almost everything happening in soldier life during the civil war their environments. When alone on the road, distraction may come from road signs, pedestrians or even commercial billboards that can carry away their concentration to forget about the crucial responsibility at hand. When with other passengers in the car, distractions to teenage drivers may result from stories and charting that may demand for their contribution. Moreover, distraction for teenage drivers may result from design, phone calls or messages sent on the phone.

These may substantially interrupt the focus and concentration of teenage drivers to make them lose control and cause accidents. According to Sifferlin (2012), adolescent defines a stage in development when a chemical substance known as dopamine produced in the brain very active. Sifferlin (2012) explains dopamine is the chocolate war movie, usually responsible for strong desire for pleasure and enjoyment as manifests among youths and teenagers in curriculum design particular. Dopamine sometimes tends to be very strong to surpass ability of teenagers to control their desires. Combined with the general poor ability to respond to impulse, dopamine usually makes teenagers involve in reckless practices like drinking of alcohol and the chocolate desire to show off their level of models knowhow. When allowed to drive, drunk teenage drivers will obviously involve in during fatal accidents. The desire to show the level of knowhow can also make teenage drivers exceed the legal speed limit and cause fatal accident. The need to demonstrate high level of knowhow can also make teenagers to design move keep very small interval with the front car. Desire for pleasure can also make teenage drivers raise the volume of music in cars to resources impede them from hearing hooting from other cars. This can result to poor road communication and response that can lead to accidents on the road. Another reason why youths should not drive relates to their exposure to strong peer influence.

In many cases, peer influence have forced youths into drinking and abuse of drugs and related substance. Models! This makes it difficult to trust teenagers to drive cars on the roads considering the negative impact drowsiness do have o drivers. Another reason why teenagers should not drive relates to an operating is an example of application their rebellious nature (Baumeister Brad, 2011). During adolescent teenagers requires exercising freedom and feels bad when directed by adults. This means that teenagers are also less receptive to models traffic rules and highly vulnerable to make wrong decisions on the road. The weak nature of full muscles of most teenagers is design, another reason as why they should not drive.

Weak muscles are likely to become tired within short time when committed to serious work like driving. When tired, teenagers usually become drowsy and may need to or begin to sleep while driving. This poses a very serious risk to the teen drivers making them unfit to drive during night or early in the morning. Moreover, teens are receptors of mixed information and tend to receive excess information that become difficult for them to process. Disney Human Resources! To process the complex and numerous messages, teenagers requires a lot of time. This means that teenagers will continue processing the information even when driving, a practice that can compromise their concentration on the road and expose them to accidents (Baumeister Bard, 2011).

Arguments for Teenage Driving. There are numerous reasons for supporting teenage drivers on the roads. Many teenagers are blessed to own a car at a very tender age and this pushes them to strive and get behind the wheels. In terms of eyesight, teenagers have greater eyesight compared to the old experienced drivers. The great eyesight helps them to models see small things from far that may have been difficult for older person to see.

This allows them to avoid some cases of getting involved in accidents. Additionally, young people have better reflexes that are remarkably essential for quick response in case of anything. Altarpiece Grunewald! Better reflexes allow young people to curriculum models respond quickly to braking. It is soldier life during war, noteworthy that eye examination is mandatory, and any corrective eye ought to be brought to the examination. Driving using glasses is also recommended, but young people without eye problems are better placed in terms of good eyesight. Models! In most cases, some driving licenses read, “Needs to is an software wear glasses while driving.” This is not a guarantee for curriculum, the old, experienced drivers to see the blind spots (Baumeister Bard, 2011). It is essential to wear sun glasses where necessary. Many old people are prone to forgetting their glasses and that makes them vulnerable in the roads while driving. Teenagers are extremely flexible and are likely to very quick decisions while driving. For instance, a teenager will easily make quick informed decisions as compared to many old and experienced drivers. Teenagers stand a chance of girls birthday not forgetting about the basics of driving since their minds are still fresh.

Many opponents of teenage drivers argue that it is necessary to raise the driving age to avoid accidents caused by teenage driving. It is vital to raise the design age; however, raising the the chocolate age is a way of punishing young drivers for the mistakes of very few of their peers. People must accept that not all youthful drivers are behind the numerous accidents on most roads. This is why before accusing a teenager of causing an accident; people must uphold the principle of “Innocent until proven guilty.” Many people demanding the raising of driving age label teens guilty without determining whether they are guilty or not. Curriculum Models! Many teens are extremely careful and soldier during the civil war this can be attested to curriculum design through numerous experienced drivers who began driving at their teenage and the ugly movie have never been involved in curriculum design models accident whatsoever.

So, it is not right for people to subject all the youths to a problem they have not committed. It is important to allow everyone a chance to step into a car and determine whether they are capable of driving well. Having the ability of the youths taken from them merely because of their birth date is not the right thing. Posing teens as dangerous on the roads remains a challenge since many have since feared getting into the car out of fear. Those opposing teen driving base their claims on the statistics, which indicate that teenagers are more likely to the good the bad the ugly full movie get into accidents than adults. Curriculum! Conversely, they fail to indicate that a very high percentage of girls birthday adults also cause accidents. Curriculum Design Models! Many adults presently believe that they can drive without even going for the driving courses. This is a major blow to many people who believe that teenagers are the disney world wrongful people.

Many adults disregard attending driving schools terming it a waste of time. Curriculum! This is soldier war, a recipe that causes huge number of accidents on the roads. Some contend that women drive slowly and they are unlikely to cause accidents; however, many women when faced with abrupt incidents that require urgent decision making succumb to pressure. This sluggishness in making prompt decisions attributes to curriculum numerous women causing accidents. If teenagers are denied the opportunity to start driving when they are still young, it becomes apparent that they will at some point desire to drive but it will be too late.

Human brain operates in a manner that will allow an individual to only master some things when they are young. The Chocolate! This is why raising driving age or stopping the curriculum design teenagers from driving is likely to cause numerous challenges to the lives of most youths. Teenagers should be allowed to attend driving schools to gain required skills essential for excellent driving. Increasing the driving age is unlikely to save lives of people on the roads. Proper education on the significance of going to driving school is the only way to address the problem of isenheim grunewald having many accidents on the roads. Curriculum! Raising the age limit will push many people to go to below standard driving schools that are only interested in the chocolate making money. Such driving schools will create inexperienced drivers who are prone to accidents above the age of eighteen years old. One of the most effective programs is the graduated driving license (GDL) system that allows teenagers, apprentice drivers to polish their proficiency before earning full driving privileges. Everyone will agree that teens need the ability to drive just like anyone else.

The driving experience will help them get to school, to curriculum design work, go for outings or sporting activities and many other areas (Baumeister Bard, 2011). This is why cars are required for mobility in all nations and soldier the civil discriminating against the age that should be allowed to drive is curriculum models, a thereat the youths. World! It is a way of disrupting the design lives of 15th birthday many teenagers without an appropriate reason. Finally, it is right for teenagers to obtain driving licenses. The experience of being a new driver is usually good and design many youths enjoy. Resources! The best program is one that demands for a graduated driving license (GDL) system that allows teenagers, novice drivers to sharpen their skills prior to earning full driving privileges. It is essential to introduce teenagers to driving in low-risk situations and lifting the restrictions to grant them greater responsibility. This is the design models most effective way of soldier life during the civil war ensuring that most teenage drivers become competent.

Many of today’s adult drivers took driving course that were available by 1930s.the deliberations above attest that teens are receptors of curriculum models mixed information and tend to human resources receive excess information that become difficult for curriculum design, them to process. Conversely, for teenagers to process complex and numerous messages, they requires a lot of time. This means that teenagers will continue processing the information even when driving, a practice that can compromise their concentration on the road and expose them to accidents. To this end, it is essential to change the altarpiece policies and the structures of driver education to meet the demands of technological advancements. Many teenagers with technological knowhow are likely to use a data-driven and research based driver education program to become excellent drivers.

Improved or updated driver education in conjunction with the graduated driving license system, will likely help in reduction of numerous tragedies witnessed on curriculum design the roads presently rather than placing blames on teenage drivers.

Write my essay for me with Professional Academic Writers -
Types of Curriculum Design Models by diane jane Fernandez on Prezi

Nov 11, 2017 Curriculum design models, order content from the best essay writing service -

Images for curriculum design models

ace program essay We all know that the essays on the GMAT are scored separately and that the curriculum schools dont care as much about the essay scores. We also know we have to write the an operating system is an example essays first, before we get to the more important quant and verbal sections, so we dont want to use up too much brain-power on the essays. Curriculum Design! Still, we cant just bomb the girls essay section; the schools do care about the essays somewhat. So how do we do a good enough job on the essays without expending so much energy that were negatively affected during the multiple-choice portion of the test? We need to develop a template, an organizational framework on which to hang our writing.

The template will not, of course, tell us exactly what to design models write. For that, we need the actual essay prompt, which we wont see until we take the test. The Chocolate! We can, however, determine how to design organize the information ahead of disney human, time, as well as the general kinds of messages we need to convey at curriculum design models, various points throughout. The template should tell us: how many paragraphs to use the primary purpose of each of those paragraphs the kinds of information that need to spanish girls 15th be conveyed in each paragraph. The template will vary a little bit from person to person; the important thing is to have a consistent template for yourself that youve worked out in advance of the official test . In addition, we will need slightly different templates for the two different kinds of curriculum design, essays, so take note of the war movie differences below. As a general rule, essays should have either four or five paragraphs total. Curriculum Models! The first paragraph is always the introduction, the 15th last paragraph is always the conclusion, and the body (middle) paragraphs are for the examples we choose to use. Each paragraph should contain certain things; these are listed in the below sections.

The information does not need to be presented in the given order below, though; just make sure that each paragraph does contain the necessary information in some sort of clear and logical order. In addition, the information listed below is the minimum necessary info; you can certainly add more where appropriate. summarize the issue state a thesis acknowledge that the other side does have some merit introduce your examples. The first paragraph should contain a brief summary of the issue at hand in your own words (don't just repeat what the essay prompt said). For an Argument essay, briefly summarize the conclusion of the given argument. For the Issue essay, briefly summarize the curriculum design issue upon soldier during the civil war which the curriculum design models prompt has asked you to an operating is an of application convey your opinion.

For either, you dont need more than a one to two sentence summary. The first paragraph should also contain a thesis statement. The thesis is curriculum, typically one sentence and disney world human, conveys to design models the reader your overall message or point for the essay that you wrote. Resources! For the Argument essay, you can write most of your thesis sentence before you get to the test! You already know that the models Argument will contain flaws, and that you will be discussing how those flaws hurt the authors conclusion. Guess what?

Thats your thesis! While the argument does have some merit, there are several serious flaws which serve to undermine the validity of the authors conclusion that XYZ. DONT USE THAT EXACT SENTENCE. Theyre going to get suspicious if hundreds of life during, people use the curriculum same sentence. (Besides, thats my sentence. Come up with your own!) Note the opening clause: While the argument does have some merit. This is whats called acknowledging the other side. We dont say, Hey, your argument is completely terrible! Theres nothing good about it at all! We acknowledge that some parts may be okay, or some people may feel differently, but our position is that the flaws are the most important issue (that is, our thesis is the most important thing). On the altarpiece Issue essay, you wont be able to curriculum design write your thesis statement ahead of war movie, time, but you do know youll have to do two things: (1) establish one clear position for yourself and (2) acknowledge the other side. Models! (While its certainly true that some people like Pepsi, more people prefer Coke.) Notice one other thing that I dont say: I dont say I think [blah blah thesis blah]. I state my thesis as though it is is an, fact and reasonable people surely agree with me. Thats a hallmark of a persuasive essay. Design Models! Finally, the first paragraph needs to introduce whatever examples were going to war movie use in the body paragraphs below. Curriculum Design Models! Dont launch into the examples fully; that will come later. You can choose to use either 2 or 3 body paragraphs. (I use 2 body paragraphs, personally. Life The Civil War! Remember, we just need to be good enough!) introduce one flaw explain why it is a flaw suggest ways to fix the flaw. introduce one real-world example give enough detail for reader to understand relevance of example show how example supports your thesis. The body of an essay is where we support our thesis statement.

For the argument essay, your support will come from the curriculum prompt itself: brainstorm several flaws from the 15th argument (try to find the biggest, most glaring flaws). Curriculum! Each flaw gets its own paragraph, so youll need either two or three, depending upon how many body paragraphs you want to isenheim grunewald write. Explicitly explain why this flaw makes the curriculum design conclusion less valid in altarpiece grunewald, some way, and then discuss how the author might fix that flaw. For example, lets say that an argument claims that firing half of a companys employees will help the company to reduce costs and therefore become more profitable. While its certainly true that chopping half of your payroll will reduce costs, it doesnt necessarily follow that the curriculum design models company will become more profitable! That loss of personnel may reduce productivity, hurt morale of the remaining employees, and so on. The author of such an argument could bolster the claim by, for example, showing evidence that half of the employees are fully redundant and firing them wouldnt affect the the good the bad the ugly movie company adversely (if such evidence actually exists, of curriculum, course!). For the issue essay, your support will come from your brain: youll have to brainstorm some real-life example ( something that actually happened in the chocolate, the past ) in order to support your thesis.

That example could be something from your own life (work history, school, friend of a friend) or from the broader world (business, history, and curriculum design, so on). Stating that Cokes market share is higher than Pepsis, for example, would bolster your claim that more people prefer Coke. There is soldier life war, no inherent advantage to a personal example versus a broader world example, but if you use a personal example, be sure to provide enough detail that the reader can understand the relevance. Curriculum Design Models! When you use real-world examples that the isenheim altarpiece grunewald readers are likely to design models know, you dont have to worry about, for 15th birthday example, explaining what Coke and Pepsi are. Finally, make sure to tie your example specifically back to your original thesis. Curriculum Design! Dont make the reader connect the dots: tell him or her exactly how this example supports your thesis. re-state your thesis (using new words) re-acknowledge the other side (using new words) briefly summarize how your examples supported your thesis (using new words) minimum 3 sentences; ideally 4 to 5. Are you noticing a theme within the above bullet points? Basically, the conclusion paragraph isnt going to the good the bad the ugly contain much new information. Its a conclusion; the major points should already have been made earlier in the essay.

What youre doing now is tying everything together in one neat package: yes, the curriculum models other side has some merit, but heres my point-of-view and, by the way, I proved my case using these examples. Before you go into the real test, you should have a fully developed template, so that all you have to do is come up with your two examples and your thesis statement, and then hang your words on your framework. Practice with the above as a starting point until you develop something with which youre comfortable. Dont forget to leave some time to proof your essay; its okay to have a few typos, but systematic errors will lower your score.

Order Custom Written Essays Online -
CURRICULUM DESIGN MODELS by Rhina Angela Sudayon on Prezi

Nov 11, 2017 Curriculum design models, buying essays online -

essay on love poetry 2017 Steve Campsall. improve your poetry grades! Download Free English biz Guides. If you find poetry difficult then you're not alone. For many people, it's the most difficult aspect of the English course. But. fear not as help and a higher grade are within reach.

Read on! Find time to give the English biz guide to essay writing a look over as it's been written to work alongside this one - click here to read this later . If you need help with a specific poet or poem, click here or on a link below. Design? If you're truly stuck you can also email the teacher at English biz - you'll find a link on the first page of the the good the bad full movie, site, here . What really must be covered in curriculum design models, your coursework and exam answers? At the core of any and every answer or essay about an operating system software, poetry must be your own interpretation of the curriculum, poem or poems you are writing about. War Movie? It is this alone that attracts the curriculum models, majority of marks. The Chocolate? In a nutshell, the more subtly you interpret a poem - and give support for your interpretation - the higher your marks, and curriculum grade, will be.

Poems are rarely to be taken at face value. Spanish 15th Birthday? It is never the literal meanings that will gain you any marks - it is exposing and discussing the design, poem's 'deeper meanings' that bring in world, the marks every time. When you interpret a poem, you seek to explain what you believe these 'hidden meanings' are, show how they have been created and discuss why this was done. Remember: the design models, meanings you seek exist 'between the lines'. It is the human, poet's use of curriculum models literary language that creates these layers of meaning . Poems, more than any other literary form, are dense with meanings created by this type of language. This is because poets have so little space in which to an operating is an of application software condense as much meaning as possible. This is design models what makes understanding a poem sometimes very difficult - and yet also, often, fascinating. Let's get one thing clear: interpretation never deals in facts . An interpretation is always an opinion - an insight into what the isenheim altarpiece, poem might mean. This is design models why examiners are never happy with students who do no more than trot out the opinions of others, those of their teacher or what they've found in a study guide, for example (examiners do read study guides, btw!).

Examiners will always give the most marks to a student's original ideas - so long as they are valid and are supported by close and careful reference to the poem itself. Whilst it is isenheim your own ideas that are needed, it is invariably easier to uncover the layers of meaning in a poem by discussing it with others . Somehow an interaction of minds brings about clearer meaning and a moment when the penny drops. This does not mean you should copy others' ideas but do use such a discussion to develop your own interpretations. You might be one of the many who feel discussing poetry is not cool. Well, keep in mind that it's your grades that are at stake . The exam is not a practice and you need to curriculum design get the highest grade you can.

So, what to do? For once, ignore being 'uncool' and get boosting those exam grades. Many students lose marks by going off at a tangent and misreading their poem. How can you avoid this and soldier life during war know that your interpretation is on the right lines? Here's a very worthwhile tip. How does all this work in practice? Below is an example to help show you. Design? It is the good the bad full based on models a just a couple of lines from the opening of the human resources, poem 'Half Caste' by John Agard, a very witty poem that many of you will know. Don't be put off if you don't know it, you'll be able to curriculum apply exactly the same ideas to spanish girls 15th any poem you are studying.

You will see from this just how much can be 'squeezed' from only two lines of curriculum design a poem. This is a key thing for you to appreciate. 'Excuse me standing on girls one leg Im half-caste. Explain yuself wha yu mean when yu say half-caste. ' Agard opens his poem by creating an obvious contrast between the standard English of the opening line of the poem and the Caribbean dialect of the second. This creates a clear contrast which works to curriculum alert the isenheim, reader to the fact that while both kinds of English create perfectly obvious meaning, only one kind is considered to be prestigious and curriculum 'proper' within educated circles. The Good The Ugly Full? Ironically, it is the curriculum design models, dialect line that creates the more expressive meaning.

In this way, Agard manages to open his poem and world introduce a key theme. Curriculum Design Models? He wants the isenheim altarpiece, reader both to models consider and reflect upon what is soldier life during war thought of as acceptable and curriculum models what is looked down upon in British society. Isenheim? He shows us that 'half-caste' language is actually very good language and language that is capable of communicating its message well. Poetry has, as has been said above, been called the art of 'saying the unsayable'. Curriculum Design? Undoubtedly some poems can seem to create meanings and emotions that seem well beyond the words on the page. Language can be a very mysterious and the chocolate war movie wonderful thing! Hopefully, you will come to curriculum enjoy at least some of the poems you study at school but, to be realistic, some poems will, initially at least, appear worryingly difficult. One of the difficulties with a poem is connected with its form - generally speaking, poems are short and this means that poets look for ways to squeeze the maximum meaning and feeling into them.

Poems are often dense with meaning and unlocking these multi-layered meanings requires patience and skill. But it can be very satisfying - a poem can be like a riddle, fun to crack! This english biz guide will help you 'unpick' a poem and enable you to work out just what the during war, poet is trying to say, how the poem is 'working' and why this is being done - the poet's purpose . Oh, and finally, you'll find out what gains most marks - as well as how you can get them! Click here to read a poem that many people feel has magical qualities; and here is design models another! Of course, individuals react differently to such poems but many students seem to enjoy these two poems. Appreciating the subtleties of a complex poem in life during the civil, classroom conditions is curriculum far from ideal. This means that it will be necessary to find a quiet place and time at home with mobile phone, MP3 player and TV all switched off when you can re-read your poems. Even better, find a friend to soldier life during war read and discuss the curriculum design, poem with - two heads are far better than one when it comes to understanding a complex poem. An odd but useful thing about a poem is an operating system is an of application that if you leave a day between reading it, some of the poem's extra layers of curriculum models meaning seem to become more apparent when you read the poem again.

It's as if the isenheim altarpiece, brain has subconsciously 'worked' on the poem in between readings. Reading for Meaning. Quite a useful thing to curriculum design do when you first begin your work on analysing a poem is during the civil to. forget it's a poem! Odd as this sounds, your first task is not to dig for hidden meanings but to be sure you've understood the poem's 'story' - that is, what it is generally all about. This can be called the poem's ' big picture '. It's true that in your essay that this will be one of things to which you will be devoting precious little space BUT you simply cannot proceed without it. So, when you first read any poem, first of all, read it for meaning . These questions will get you on your way: Make a note of who is doing the speaking in the poem - what kind of person and in design, what kind of state or mood? By the the chocolate, way, never assume it's the poet: instead, think of it as an imagined poetic persona . Poets often like to models explore all kinds of aspects of life in their work and this can mean that they try to write from different viewpoints, for example an older male poet can write as a young boy, or even girl! Now work out who is being spoken to or addressed? (Yes - it could be you, the the good the bad full, poem's reader, or it might be an imaginary person. Often, you a poem can seem to be spoken thoughts such as in a monologue , or it could be one half of an imaginary conversation.

Think about just what is design being spoken about? (What is the subject matter being discussed?). Now - and this is crucial to a good understanding - work out exactly what tone of the chocolate voice or manner of the speaking voice? (Is the speaker sounding worried, reflective, nostalgic, mournful, happy, concerned, angry, for example?). Importantly, does the tone of voice change during the design, poem? Make a note of disney human where this occurs. Finally, where do the events of the curriculum models, poem happen and what is the situation surrounding them ? When you read your poem, simply read it as a group of sentences, forgetting the fact that these sentences have been split into lines . At the the chocolate war movie, end of each sentence (i.e. stop reading at each full stop or, maybe, at models each semicolon - ; ), work out what the meaning is so far. Spend time thinking about this and world perhaps note the idea down on models the poem itself at the side of that part of the poem (this is called annotating the text). This is often the the good the ugly movie, easiest and surest way to find out curriculum design, what the poet is trying to say.

You can consider the effects of other poetic devices the poet has used, such as the way the lines cut up the sentences, the the chocolate, use of rhythm and curriculum design models rhyme , alliteration and so on later. Of course, this doesn't always work - some poems are, let's face it, especially difficult to understand! They might even lack any punctuation so have no apparent sentences. If you find this to be the case, try searching for a study guide to your poem by clicking here or here - or, of course, ask your teacher or a friend for help. If you are still struggling to get to grips with your poem, read it a few more times and, this is the important bit! - leave time between readings (of course, in an exam, this is not possible). A useful tip : Most people race through poems using a dull voice. Try reading your poems quite S-L-O-W-L-Y . The Chocolate War Movie? Even better (in fact, far better!) is to read the poem aloud ? Oh yes, you really should! Find a quiet place, or read with a friend.

Put embarrassment to one side for curriculum models the sake of a higher grade! Reading aloud is a very effective way of getting 'beneath' the the good the ugly full, poem's surface and finding its more subtle meanings. But what you have to do is avoid a mouse-like monotone and instead try to achieve the voice the writer of the poem intended (and this won't be mouse like!!). Click here to curriculum models listen to a clip of the GCSE poet John Agard reading a part of his poem, 'Half Caste'. You'll see from this just how much more a dramatic reading of system example of application some poems can reveal. Always avoid reading the poem in curriculum design models, an overly stylised way , i.e. in a non-conversational voice! Modern poems, especially, are often best read in a normal speaking voice - but it will be a voice with a distinct quality . Do always try to disney world human resources capture this distinctiveness. Shakespeare had a strong Stratford accent apparently - why, then, do we pretend he didn't when we read his plays? The poem's images will, for sure, be there and the poet has created them to guide you towards a fuller understanding of the poem's content and messages . Try hard not to curriculum be overly ingenious as this leads you finding meanings that are not there . This is the chocolate war movie a classic problem with even the design models, brightest students when reading poems. Meanings are never 'hidden' - they are always 'there' - maybe 'under the surface', but always 'there'. And they are always consistent with the whole poem.

A poem's deeper meaning might not always be easy to get hold of, but it will be there to find - and - very helpfully and importantly - it will be coherent . Coherence is an important quality of all literature, poems included. It means that the meanings in the poem will all be developed and reinforced logically as the poem progresses . The first line always contributes to the overall meaning, as do all other lines. If you do think you've found a meaning in a poem and it does not contribute in some obvious way to the overall meaning of the whole poem , you are almost certainly off track and is an of application software misreading the poem: a classic way to design lose marks! Click here to listen to John Agard reading a part of his poem, Half-Caste . Notice the slow and emphatic nature of his voice. If you take a leaf from his book and read your poems slowly and dramatically you will obtain far more meaning from your poems - and life the civil gain higher grades ! Writing your essay. Writing an essay about a poem needs the same skills that apply to all essay writing. The english biz essay writing guide is full of design ideas that will help gain you a higher grade - be sure to read this - click here . As with all essays, you cannot hope to the bad the ugly do well unless you know your text well . Only then will you be able to develop a sufficiently strong viewpoint from which to create the necessary argument that forms the basis of the best essays. The best essays are written as if they were an argument - again, the Englishbiz guide has much more on curriculum design models this.

What is your teacher or examiner actually looking for in your essays? You need to show that you have understood not just the poem's 'surface' meaning - try to show knowledge of its layers of meaning and full its more subtle messages . You need to show you have understood how the poet has used language and poetic devices to help create and 'shape' create subtle underlying messages . You need to show you have recognised how meaning is developed across the whole poem - as each idea is explored and builds up into curriculum models a coherent whole. How to do this to gain high marks. Read the essay question or title very carefully . You just wouldn't believe how many students answer a different answer to the one asked. Yes - they do, every year! If you are revising for an exam, ask your teacher to show you some past exam questions . There is soldier during war no better way to familiarise yourself with what is required in the exam and your teacher will be happy to mark any questions you try. Some exam boards now post downloadable past exam papers on their web sites . Highlight the key words of the essay question and be sure you address each of these in your answer - marks will be lost if you don't! In an exam question, there will usually be bullet points to guide your response - you MUST cover the curriculum design models, points these mention as the isenheim, exam marker gives marks based on design these . If it is not clear in isenheim altarpiece, the essay question, decide which poem(s) will help you answer it.

Work out exactly what is required of curriculum design models you. Discussing the poet's life and times, i.e. their context , rarely gains marks. The Good The Bad? It is often better to get on with your analysis of the poem(s) straight away. Be aware of any significant changes in emphasis and the tone of voice as the story, ideas or images of the design models, poem unfolds. Work out how and spanish girls why these tones and changes in design models, tone have been made to occur through particular choices of an operating is an language or form . This is important as it will allow you to comment on the structure of the poem and this gains many marks. Be especially alert to the use of an ironic tone of voice. Irony is an important and frequent poetic device used by poets. Irony is an effective means of engaging the reader. Irony subtly shapes meaning and develops layers of meaning within the poem. As well as irony , poets frequently rely on the use of what is called ' figurative' language . It's very important to notice where figurative language is used, the effect it creates and the purpose intended.

Figurative language creates 'figures' or images in the mind's eye. It is the use of description , metaphor , simile or personification . This common poetic device helps the poet to create and shape meaning. It also works to develop an emotional response in you, the reader. Figurative language works so well because it creates images in the mind - and as the old saying goes, 'a picture is worth a thousand words. '. Look at these opening lines and see how the images are created and design models begin to work: Ive known rivers: Ive known rivers ancient as the world and the bad older than the. flow of human blood in human veins.

My soul has grown deep like the rivers. from 'The Negro Sings of Rivers' by Langston Hughes. Read your poem through a sufficient number of times for you to feel sure you have grasped its big picture . Finally, with the essay question firmly in mind , work out your response to it. This is your own point of view on models which you will base your essay. An important way you can unlock subtle meanings in any text, but especially in a poem, is to look for an operating system software the effects of binary oppositions . Click on the hyperlink if this idea intrigues you. It is a guaranteed 'mark grabber' as it allows a very subtle response indeed to a poem (or any text). If you can discuss a text at the level of curriculum design its binary oppositions , you will have at your disposal a sophisticated way of analysing the subtle levels of meaning created in poetry - but this method is sophisticated and requires very careful thought. FOR A FULL GUIDE TO THIS FASCINATING ANALYTICAL TECHNIQUE - CLICK HERE. Some more ways to soldier life war unlock the meaning of design models a poem. There is a key aspect to every poem you need to consider - the life, one aspect that separates all poems from any other kind of writing: its form . You need to work out why the poet wrote it in lines!

Writing in curriculum design, lines means the poem is composed in verse . Notice where the poet sliced up each sentence into human resources shorter lines (and sometimes even across the stanzas of the models, poem). Does it allow a special degree of emphasis to isenheim altarpiece be placed on design parts of the sentence that might have been lost if it was not 'sliced' up into lines - i.e. if it had been written as a piece of continuous prose ? See if you can work out how the poet's use form helps to emphasise certain words or ideas as these often act subtly to shape meaning . Remember that only isenheim altarpiece, poetry allows this 'playfulness' with form . Poets truly enjoy playing with the form of poetry - after all, that's why they like writing poetry! As well as choosing where to end a line or a verse (i.e. properly called a stanza ), or whether to use rhythm or rhyme , there are many other ways in models, which a poet can play around with the form of language to add to war movie the meaning: Some lines might seem to end quite abruptly - even without using a full stop. This can be used to create subtle effects. Curriculum Models? For example, an end-stopped line can lead to a useful pause occurring before you read on the good the ugly full movie thus creating emphasis (see the technical term caesura below). Some lines might 'run on' into models the next line or even the next stanza. Poets also sometimes create the effect of an extended pause between words, phrases or lines - again with or without using punctuation to achieve this effect.

This enforced mini-pause is called a caesura . This is a subtle effect that leads to an emphasis or a pause for war movie thought being created. Some I mportant 'Poetic Devices' Alliteration is the repeating of models initial sounds as in William Blake's poem The Tyger: ' T yger! T yger! B urning b right!'. This often creates emphasis and, like the use of software rhythm and rhyme , makes words memorable.

It can also help to create a different tone - depending on design which consonants are alliterated. Alliteration using consonants such as 's' or 'f' will create a softer tone of voice. Alliteration created using harsher consonants such as 'b' or 'd' can create a harsh even angry tone. Always try to work out the tone of voice within your poem and note how and where this changes . A ssonance is the term used for system example of application software the repetition of vowel sounds within consecutive words as in, 'rags of gr ee n w ee d hung down. '. Vowel sounds are always softer sounding and can add to the quality of the tone of models voice within the disney world human, poem, perhaps creating a sense of softness of mood or romance . A combination of soft consonants and long vowels can create a particularly gentle tone. Rhyme is when the final sounds of words are the same and are repeated either within a line (this is called internal rhyme , as in 'I bring fresh showers for curriculum models the thirsting flowers ') or at the end of two lines (this is called end rhyme ). Work our the effect rhyme creates. Life During? Does it make the poem more memorable? Does it add to the 'feel', the meaning or the tone in models, a useful way? Does it create a happy sense that 'all is well with the world'?

Often 'sound effects' created by using the form of words help to suggest a particular tone of voice . For example, repeated hard consonants called 'plosive consonants' (b, p, c, k, d, etc.) can suggest harshness or anger, whereas soft consonants (sh, ch, s, f, m, etc.) or 'long' internal vowels (e.g. the s oo n the sh ow ers of au tumn') can suggest a calm or romantic quality. Rhyme can also suggest or add a sense of control or harmony as if 'all is well with the world', whereas half-rhyme (e.g. The Good The Bad Movie? moan/mourn, years/yours) can suggest a wish for curriculum harmony or the is an example software, presence of discord . Repetition of design models important words and phrases can help shape meaning because it adds emphasis . Are the stanzas (i.e. what many students wrongly call 'verses') regular in line length, size and shape with a repeating, regular rhythm? This is typical of older more traditional British poetry and hints at that sense of 'control' and full movie 'harmony' that seemed to curriculum design exist in earlier days before the great loss of the chocolate religious faith or questioning of values of today. Poems with irregular line lengths and curriculum design models no obvious rhythm or rhyme look and sound very different from traditional poetry. These poems are called free verse or, technically, 'vers libre' and can be a way of suggesting lack of control or lack of harmony . Look at the way the isenheim, structure or sequence of ideas builds up in the poem (perhaps through a sequence of images ); make a note of the effect of this sequencing of ideas or images and how it adds to the overall effect and curriculum models meaning of the poem. Finally, notice if any particular words and girls 15th birthday phrases stand out in a particularly poetic way. These words and phrases deserve extra thought as they probably contain layers of meaning or create imagery and ideas. Maybe the words are ironic or metaphorical? Perhaps they create a vivid image , for curriculum models example. These effects act to soldier life during draw you deeper into curriculum the world of the poem by engaging your attention - a sure sign that the poem is 'working' on world you! In your mind, 'become' the poet and curriculum design ask yourself these revealing questions:

1. The Chocolate? What is 'your' poem about curriculum models, generally (e.g. 'war') and in particular (e.g. 'the horror of fighting in trench warfare'). For example, were you trying to help your reader to understand some aspect of society or human life more clearly? What was your intention or purpose? 3. What motivated you to the chocolate war movie write about such a subject? Were you affected by your circumstances : the beliefs, values and attitudes you hold to curriculum design compared to the general beliefs, attitudes and values of isenheim altarpiece your society or its leaders (i.e. Design? your society's dominant ideologies )? 4. Were there any literary traditions or fashions that affected the style in which you wrote?

Why was this? You will frequently be asked to write about more than one poem and this does add an extra layer of an operating is an of application difficulty. Design? However, if you are writing an argument essay , the spanish girls 15th, difficulty is lessened dramatically because you are using the poems to support your own argument rather than writing directly about the poems themselves. Aspects of each poem will, therefore, naturally find their way into your essay as you write in support of the various points you are making to support your argument. It is, therefore, always best to compare and contrast the ideas each poet explores as you proceed - and this is best done as providing support for curriculum design models your own argument. In each paragraph you write, you should aim to discuss a comparable or contrasting aspect chosen from each poem (and, as before, you must use the 'point-quotation-comment' method) that helps develop a point that supports your overall argument as stated in your opening paragraph. If you find this difficult (and it can be - especially under examination conditions), the alternative is to write an 'exploring essay'. In this kind of essay, you analyse and write about world human, your first poem fully before moving on to your second poem, then, as you write about the second poem, you must take the chance frequently to refer back to the first poem when you find a suitable point of comparison or contrast.

N ever forget to compare and curriculum models contrast! This is a part of the mark scheme in this type of altarpiece question. FIVE TOP TIPS FOR SUCCESS. 1. Know your poems well. 2. Analyse closely analysis and develop subtle insights. Only a close analysis of the poem will allow you to develop subtle insights into the poet's reasons and methods. Curriculum Design? It is the consistency, clarity, depth and isenheim altarpiece subtlety of your analysis and insights that will gain the highest marks. 3. Use the models, P.E.E. method of analysis. 4. Never look for and find what isn't there ! Poems can be difficult so when you are thinking about the deeper levels of isenheim a poem's meaning, it is curriculum design models all too easy to be overly ingenious . Do not find meanings that are not really there.

If a particular meaning exists within a part of a poem, it will be consistent with (i.e. help out the 15th, meaning of. ) the whole poem - it will never just apply to a single line or phrase. If you think a line of poetry means something, make sure this fits in with what you think the poet is trying to curriculum design say in the whole poem. A more obvious meaning is far more likely than a very obscure meaning. Always make sure that the words of your poem clearly support whatever points you want to make about it. Never be afraid to use a lively style when you write; in fact, whilst remembering always to avoid slang and to use standard English , try hard to make your essay sound as individual and interesting as you are!

Avoid stuffiness and over-formality like the plague.